Spec me an LED Torch

That's my Pentagonlight Molle :)

Bit of a shame about it really, Surefire sued Pentagonlight over some patent infringement and they went out of business. which is unfortunate as their products were quite nice.

any requests? :D

Lights i can beamshot;
Surefire C2 with HCRI XP-G
Surefire E2E with Neutral-white XP-G
Surefire A2
Surefire L6
Solarforce L2P with cheap'n'nasty XR-E R2 dropin
Solarforce L2P with super-floody XM-L
Solarforce L2 with Surefire P60 Lamp-Assembly
Romisen RC-F4
Maratac AAA-Cu
Pentagonlight Molle
HTC Desire-Z :p

HTC Desire vs Surefire C2 - FIGHT!! hehe

Yup, I have a Flex and a Prime coming. From his last post I think we'll be lucky to see them this side of christmas. Doesn't look like manufacturing has started yet :(

I thought I'd be the only one on here getting one - I really liked the design and its also nice to help someone setup a good idea. That website is great. What colour are you going to go with?

What's the smallest brightest light you can get for a keyring?

it depends how small you want it and what batteries you're willing to use.
you can get torches which use ultra-tiny lithium-rechargeables that are as bright as a full-sized torch (albeit not for very long :p)

for something that runs on standard AAAs, the Fenix LD01 and the iTP A3 EOS are pretty damn bright.

<edit>
The A3 is also available in Stainless-Steel and Titanium :D

A[L]C;20251167 said:
Friend is looking for a dog walking torch... lighting up alley ways basically. Max budget £40. Any recommendations?

If he is only lighting up alleyways to see where he is going a cheap one from tescos would do the job fine.

But if he is a using it to feel more protected and see more of his surroundings get one of these.

http://www.5starstationery.co.uk/StoreFront/evolution_product.html?Product=Energizer-Hardcase-Pro-4AA-Torch-4-Super-Bright-LEDs-30hr-Weatherproof-Shatterproof-Lens-Ref-630060&idProduct=345632

Could hit a bad guy over the head with one of these things so I am sure he would feel safe, and it is bright and waterproof. ;)

If he is only lighting up alleyways to see where he is going a cheap one from tescos would do the job fine.

But if he is a using it to feel more protected and see more of his surroundings get one of these.

http://www.5starstationery.co.uk/StoreFront/evolution_product.html?Product=Energizer-Hardcase-Pro-4AA-Torch-4-Super-Bright-LEDs-30hr-Weatherproof-Shatterproof-Lens-Ref-630060&idProduct=345632

Could hit a bad guy over the head with one of these things so I am sure he would feel safe, and it is bright and waterproof. ;)

Lol, i think that might just be the worst torch in the thread :p

My Sky Ray 3800 3 x XM-L arrived yesterday, it was painful waiting for it to get dark before I turned it on for maximum wow effect.
My god this thing is bright, I took some beam shots compared to my old ssc p7 light but I need some help taking photos to get a fair picture.
Do I need to alter some settings as it automatically adjusted itself to the light and the image just gets darker the lighter the picture?

And then both my sd card readers which have been dodgy for a while decided to pack up, I hit my head on the underneath of my desk trying to connect them to the rear usb slots and then snapped them both in a fit of RAAAGE.

That's why I bought it! It should easily replace both Ultrafire C8 and SolarForce L2 for me especially the 11hr battery life on low :D

I also have an sf xpg r5 p60 dropin if anyone wants it?

lol i have just ordered the jetbeam bc40...really like the spec especially waterproof to 2m, scratch proof lens and holster.

i have some 18650 batteries already on order.... would these be suitable (seem to get good reviews) or do i need to be considering something else.

http://www.manafont.com/product_inf...h-rechargeable-batteries-flame-2pcsset-p-5560

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom