Spec me an LED Torch

Interesting thread :D. I'm thinking about buying a decent torch for my Dad, he's got tonnes of cheap one lying around so I figured I'd get him a decent one to stop him buying lots of crap ones :p.

From looking around it looks like the Jetbeam BC40 is well recommended. Can I get anything "better" for this price? By better I mean more modes (I like the idea of the Fenix's for example with ultra low light modes if needed) and I guess more battery life.

I've gone down the route of originally looking at the Fenix LD40 thinking it looked great, then stupidly trying to find what's out there which is better; finding reviews, finding people who know way too much about torches and several torches later ending up at the BC40. There's too many to decide from! :p.

So I guess if the BC40 was the one to go for I'd appreciate if anyone could let me know of the best place to get it from (e.g. the bay?) and which charger/batteries I should go for - as I'm sure someone else has looked into this already and will know rather than me spending several hours on Google :p.

Pretty low. many of these Asian retailers are rather... Creative when it comes to filling out the customs docket. they'll put something like "light, US$15" or something on the label.

Just spotted this in the description: Please check that it will fit your appliance before purchasing. Size: approx. 69.5mm x 18.3mm.

I don't have a tape on me but I think they should still fit in all my torches.

Back
Top Bottom