Spec me an LED Torch

It even beats the ridiculously expensive Panasonic 2900mAh

I got two Panasonic 2900mah cells for the same price he's selling his batteries for. I know what I'd rather have.

Hi, I'm looking at buying 4 Senybor 2800mAh Li-ion batteries from TorchyTheBatteryBoy on eBay, and am looking at the 18650 3.7v and the 18650 3.7v 2C (5.6A drain).

My question is, what's good about a 5.6A drain? Higher potential current output right? But for most single or double 18650 flashlights, am I right in saying that this is pointless for me?

The 2C version is only £0.49p more expensive for two batteries, so price doesn't matter.

If anyone's interested, the seller confirmed that the 5A trickle is only of use to 3 x XM-L lights etc. that draw a lot of current and don't have a regulated current...? So I've ordered 4 of the normal SenyBor 2800mAh batteries for £25.

:D Good stuff!

I phoned up http://www.nitecore.co.uk today and they had just placed their latest JetBeam order and the guy said he'd save my order until the next JB order was placed in 3 weeks time so if anyone else is getting a BC40 and wants a smooth reflector then phone him asap to ensure he orders the right number.

The price could not be confirmed as they are given during the order based on number ordered so I assume we can get one cheaper if a bunch of us order one :p

I'll be placing my order on the 1st December and because it's going to be shipped as business mail I imagine it should arrive before XMAS....maybe!

SolarForce L2

The SolarForce sales website is a bit of a minefield for a flashlight noob like me:

Owphi.jpg

Which of those LEDs in the dropdown should I be looking at for a handlebar light for bike commuting? I guess it needs to have a decent spread of light (is this what 'floody' means?) without being too glary. I already have a C8 XM-L coming for my helmet. I think the L2 is the one everyone raves about in this thread, but there are loads of different types; L2, L2P, HA3, BLK, etc...

Secondly, am I right to illustrate beam lingo as follows:

KXjQa.jpg

?

Any other lingo that can be applied to this picture?

Back
Top Bottom