Spec me an LED Torch

Those of you that have ordered from Hong Kong, how long roughly did it take for your goods to arrive?

Between 1 and 4 weeks. Took a lot longer from Deal Extreme and manafont. The ebay sellers I have purchased from seem to get stuff out in about 2 weeks. then you get the odd thing only taking a week.

I've actually found a use for the first Cree Q5 zoomable torch I bought! The light pattern on these is pure and clean so is excellent for book reading at night and on low power it lasts many hours, about as logn as those tiny booklight things that cost £5 but use disposable batteriess.

Works like a charm :D

Edit*

It arrived! The clippy was £5 from eBay and is a genuine one, this goes through the barrel so no popping off.

l2_clippy.jpg

Just got a replacement reflector to arrive from SF direct and my L2 will be complete!

Last edited:
unfortunatley afer dropping my keys a couple of time my ultrafire MCU-C9s R5 has packed up :(. was a great performing torch but i was not particularly impressed with the build quality

been looking for a 14500 replacement and came across and orderd this Yezl A2

A2-3E.jpg

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1001

looks to be good construction and interesting spec AA/14500, r5, ipx8.

Material: shell with high rigidity aluminum alloy precision CNC machining; to ensure the wear resistance of a wilderness
environment.

will review once delivered ;)

Looks good but only 110 lumens!
I guess because it's a mini torch that's to be expected.

Even though I have the BC40 I find myself going back to the L2 as well! BC40 is getting used to light up a room when in there while the L2 gets used to light up the path and spot! I think they're a brilliant combination especially now that the L2 has the clip attached :D

Oh and the SolarForce XP-G's 35 hour battery life at 10% power! (15hrs @ 40% and 3.5 @ 100% 320lumens).

Admittedly the L2 has cost me the most so far, multiple tryouts of various reflectors, clip attachment, XM-L dropin update that I ended up not needing (still for sale!!), lens replacement...this thing has cost more than the BC40 altogether!

20111210_131442.jpg

My work torch lol, it's supposedly 1 million candle power.

My L2 XP-G devours it!

How can this thing be so massive and heavy and output so little!

20111210_131442.jpg

My work torch lol, it's supposedly 1 million candle power.

My L2 XP-G devours it!

How can this thing be so massive and heavy and output so little!

Battery life maybe?

I've got a similar sized torch, with a lesser output, that I'm converting to LED. Got a 12v 150ma 6 peice LED which i'm sticking in it along with a 12v 1.2ah battery that I'm sticking in the case. Have tested it and it seems pretty darn bright.:D All in it will have cost me around £20 or so, but I had the LED left over from a previous project so more like £10...

I dunno, it's Halogen so the brightness progressively decreases as the battery goes down instead of staying at a constant brightness until it's too low to power it like the LED torches :p

I dunno, it's Halogen so the brightness progressively decreases as the battery goes down instead of staying at a constant brightness until it's too low to power it like the LED torches :p

Only the good quality LED torches are regulated - the cheapies like the Ultrafires are linear or direct driven.

Not seen that on the C8 I have to say^^

Anyway, the new reflector for the L2 arrived today from SolarForce and while blowing some dust off it I managed to blow a spit droplet on the surface....

I'm done with reflectors now. Still, worked out OK as I realised I preferred the beam pattern of the UltraFire reflector instead of the SF one as the centre spot was smaller but the edges were less defined on it and the surface was more textured than the UltraFire one so it didn't seem as bright (but only by a small amount).

Back
Top Bottom