Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
cheapest place ive seen it is at ali Express :
It's perhaps worth it if you don't already have the TUP... but it seems they've managed to take that and make it worse, both in terms of battery life despite being bigger, and in leaving the USB exposed. 4000 lumens is great for the 15-odd seconds of runtime but the steps below are a little naff.

The TUP was a great gimmick pocket light, but the only real reason to buy it over an Olight S1R (or similar) was the OLED screen. If you don't need to momentarily blind people and/or need an actual keychain sized light, the TINI 2 is a much better option... and it still has the screen.

Associate
Just put an old Maglite LED upgrade bulb on the members market if anyone is interested? (MODs delete that if it's not allowed?)

Where is a good place to get decent protected 18650s that won't spontaneously combust and burn my house down?

Dave

Associate
18650.uk
That is presuming you're not doing anything stupid with them in the first place, of course...

No, I'm just wary of cheap Lithium-Ion cells! Annoyingly they are out of stock (of protected button top 18650's), but I will keep an eye on there for them coming back.

Thanks

Dave

Soldato
No, I'm just wary of cheap Lithium-Ion cells! Annoyingly they are out of stock (of protected button top 18650's), but I will keep an eye on there for them coming back.
I tend to use that shop for vape batteries.
For torches I usually get the Fenix protected cells with USB charging from TorchDirect. Reasonable prices (I also get a discount), always genuine and the USB means I can charge one while using the other, no matter where I am working... which is usually middle of nowhere with just a works van for power.

Soldato
The code worked yesterday when i tried it, just tried this one and it works - BGFLA19

untitled-medium.png

Just picked this up on a flash deal for 20 inc shipping.

Back
Top Bottom