Spec me an LED Torch

Associate
After lurking in this thread for a while I have just received a Astrolux EC01. Very happy with it.

A huge upgrade from the cheap AAA led torches I'd been using. I'm running it on a 18650 cell, using the plastic sleeve that came with it as I already had a couple of them. Although I've played around with the programmable settings/options, all I've done is turn off the switch leds.

So thanks to everyone in this thread that's talked about them. :)

Soldato
Any suggestions for a belt pouch thing to hold the Fenix E35? Needs to be here within a week or so.
Pretty much any MOLLE tactical/duty torch holder should accept it.
Pick from 5.11, Helikon-Tex, Pentagon, Condor, OneTigris, and any of the other usual brands that spring to mind. Fenix and Nitecore have a couple themselves, and Heinnie Haynes will have a good dozen or so different choices.
Heck, I might even still have the cheap Fenix one they included with my TK11, that you can have...

Commissario
Pretty much any MOLLE tactical/duty torch holder should accept it.
Ahh yes, I should have come back in here. I bought a generic one from Amazon, it's a bit too big, the torch is a little loose inside it but I can't be arsed to return it so it'll do the job. It's not like the one I got for the olight which fits like a glove.

Heck, I might even still have the cheap Fenix one they included with my TK11, that you can have...
Appreciate the offer but it's not needed.

Soldato
Aliexpress finally delivered the budget EDC style torch I ordered.

tmp.png

Aluminium besides button and plastic zoom lens, XM-L led, usb cable, 18650 @ 2600mah for about £8 delivered :cry:

Think it's a generic model but it's a real LED and battery isn't trying to make fanciful claims so probably real too. Measured it eating 4W fully charged on high and I now know what people were talking about with palm sized torches getting hot.

The light is great, maybe 500 lumens on high and its pocket sized but the heat it kicks out in my hand is something to get used to... Easily doubling up as a hand warmer.

Associate
Bought an Astrolux ST01, because I clicked on this thread.. Seems I now need a battery, would anyone be so kind as to recommend a 21700?

Edit seems a SAMSUNG 40T is what I am after

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can anyone reccomend a torch for a helmet. I have an older torch sun d80 (IIRC), but it weighs nearly 250g so would prefer something lighter. I was looking at the Convoy S2+, has anyone got one or could reccomend something else for about £20 and about 100g. I only need a brightish beam that will last about an hour as I have a light on the bars and would turn the helmet light off for the climbs.

Soldato
Bought an Astrolux ST01, because I clicked on this thread.. Seems I now need a battery, would anyone be so kind as to recommend a 21700?

Edit seems a SAMSUNG 40T is what I am after
Go for the Samsung 30T if you want a higher output. The 30T can output 35a, vs the 40T's 30a.

Soldato
I work as a vehicle inspector for a well known breakdown provider, and one thing I need is a decent hand lamp.
I've tried loads, but the best I've found so far is a Unilite IL-SIG1.
It's an absolute beast, and whilst not cheap, it holds charge for a couple of days of full use, is indestructible, waterproof and just a joy to use.

Associate
Associate
I’ve had this for some time now and found it to be the most useful light i’ve ever purchased.

RhWpcaF.jpg

An Olight lantern which comes with two changeable bulbs.

The candle bulb is really good for using as a night light if you don’t want to wake your partner. You can also hang it up and it is rechargeable through the magnetic USB connection.

Soldato
Hello I’ve just ordered a
Emisar D4Sv2 can anyone point me in the direction of battery and charger please thanks .

26650 unprotected cell that can do 15A unless you're using the short tube in which case a 23650 unprotected cell which can do 15A.

And basically any lithium ion battery charger that can hold a 26650.

Associate
Vapcell K64 26650 6400mAh 15A 3.7V Rechargeable Battery
Brand: Vapcell
Size: 26650
Voltage: 3.7V
Capacity: 6400mAh
Max. Continuous Discharge: 15A
Model: K64
Protection: No

IN STOCK

SKU
VC266506400K64
£8.99

this ok ?

Soldato
Discrete brown box in the post :eek:

tmp1.jpg

Really is nicely machined and finished at just £25 delivered.

4000k, up to 4000 lumens with 4 modes and temperature control. Titanium colour.

Was a rattle from the head but after unscrewing the bezel (with gloves on, damned if I mark the polished aluminium reflector already), letting the glass, o-ring and reflector out and putting them back in and screwing it down again the rattle went away.

Not surprised the flashlight community loves makers like Conway. The price difference against better known brand names is enormous and it's not reflected in what you get.

Soldato
I'm not sure if this is the best thread, but i'm after a decent head torch for running. My only main criteria is that it needs to have a removable battery to allow me to carry a spare to meet certain event conditions.

I know Petzl/Silva are big in the running side, but didn't know if there were any others i should be looking at?

Back
Top Bottom