Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Check out the sofirn sp40 £35 on amazon at the moment. I bought a couple a month or 2 ago and they've been great so far.

Bought a fair few sofirn lights lately and they've all been good.

Underboss
thanks
ali express do it for around £20 with the 18650 battery delivered !

this guy seems to love it
, says its replaced all he others, its the most comfortable headband yet

i think i will get this one then, cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Torch geeks! I got given a torch which is great but it needs a new battery. Where can I buy a LC18650 battery from? My Amazon search didn’t find anything unless I want half a dozen and a charger.
I only need one and I don’t want to spend much.
Would B&M etc sell these?

Last edited:
Soldato
Torch geeks! I got given a torch which is great but it needs a new battery. Where can I buy a LC18650 battery from? My Amazon search didn’t find anything unless I want half a dozen and a charger.
If your local town is anything like mine or those near just pop into one of the many many ecig shops and Im sure they will have something.

Soldato
They're not your typical alkaline batteries, though, so B&M probably won't stock any. They're not especially cheap compared to a AA, but neither are they stunningly expensive.
You'll likely also need a charger, unless the torch has a USB port or if you go for a standalone rechargable cell.

https://www.18650.uk/
You'll likely want one of the button-top ones. Samsung 30Qs are pretty decent.
Ecig batteries will work, but are unprotected cells, whereas button-tops have protection built in.

Another option is a battery with recharging incorporated, such as the Fenix ARB-L18-3500U - https://www.torchdirect.co.uk/batte...geable-3500-mah-li-ion-protected-battery.html
However, these are a touch longer than standard 18650s, so you might want to check it fits.

Soldato
If your local town is anything like mine or those near just pop into one of the many many ecig shops and Im sure they will have something.

Oh, that’s a good shout. I’ll try that first.

@ttaskmaster - thanks for that, great info. I’ll think about ordering something in the future but need something for Wednesday -
Going to an off grid lodge for a few nights, I have a head torch each and a lantern but figured one more would be handy and it’s the only proper torch I have.

Soldato
Oh, that’s a good shout. I’ll try that first.
@ttaskmaster - thanks for that, great info. I’ll think about ordering something in the future but need something for Wednesday -
Going to an off grid lodge for a few nights, I have a head torch each and a lantern but figured one more would be handy and it’s the only proper torch I have.
I'd stil be wary of using those unprotected cells.
Vape devices tend to have a butt-load of protections built in to their circuitry, but torches do not. It's not that likely to cause a problem but when dealing with stuff that can potentially blow up in your hand... or in your pocket next to your balls and femoral artery... it's better to be safe, y'know?

Underboss
anyone got an Electroflux EC01 ?
ive got Samsung 21700 40T battery in mine
and i cant charge via USB port (light not changing to red)

so I'm assuming you cant with this battery ?

I've always taken the battery out in the past and put it in a dedicated charger
but i thought i would try it via USB, and no charge ?

Soldato
anyone got an Electroflux EC01 ?
ive got Samsung 21700 40T battery in mine
and i cant charge via USB port (light not changing to red)

so I'm assuming you cant with this battery ?

I've always taken the battery out in the past and put it in a dedicated charger
but i thought i would try it via USB, and no charge ?
Shouldn't care what brand battery it is. Do you know if the built in charger ever worked? (or cable)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Replacing all my non-USB charging lights with USB-C ones, came across Sofirm on Amazon, seem very nice and well specced, batteries included. The IF22A is a thrower and just short of 700 metres :eek:

Will put the old lights up on marketplace I think inc batteries.

jE8VgsX.png

SP33: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081KYHLWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
IF22A: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09H4D6G3H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SP36 Pro: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PF8W39J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

22A and 36 Pro have discount vouchers to enable currently so bit of a saving...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That does look immense. I'll now have multiple battery types to work with although, being USB-C, technically never need to open the tube up again I guess so there is that. Will be fun to take night walks again and play around with the long throw beam :p

Back
Top Bottom