Spec me horror film

Soldato
Watched The Witch recently which I really enjoyed. A little slow to start, but turned out very good.

My favourites are ones like The Conjuring, Insidious (first one), Annabelle, The Babadook.

Any suggestions for another?! :D

Soldato
Not very similar to the ones you mention but two horrors I watched recently that I enjoyed were Exists and Martyrs.

Associate
Mama is very similar in tone to the films you've mentioned. The Orphanage, Orphan, Session 9, Frailty, Sinister, Switchblade Romance and Inside should also fit the bill.

As above Martyrs is a very good film but somewhat more extreme and different in tone. Make sure you watch the original French film, not the abortion of a remake.

Associate
I'm too much of a scaredy cat for horrow movies. Not so much while I'm watching them, more my imagination afterwards! It's been a long time since I watched a 'good' one and keep flirting with the idea so on someone's recommendation I watched the Lights Out short on youtube...

NOPE! :eek:

Soldato
OP
28 Days Later.

28 Weeks Later.

I was ok with those, it's ghosts/unseen things that freak me out.

Same here, un-seen/demon/posession type stuff is what I'm after in a properly scary film. I don't find zombie stuff scary at all really, just makes for good watching. 28 Days Later is one of my favourite films though :D

Thanks for the suggestions all, I'll have a watch.

Soldato
OP
Nope, subtitles are fine if the film is worth it. Watched that one a while back, really enjoyed as well :)

Edit: actually, that's different to the one I was thinking of. Looks good!

Back
Top Bottom