Spec Me - New Work Station

Associate
Good Afternoon All

Looking for a new Work Station no peripherals required.

Budget £4000

Work Load, Revit, Auto CAD, Trimble, 3d modelling, point clouds and calculations looking for heavy-duty processing loads and multi-core operations, pre-built also an option if it gives good value for money

If you plan on using more than 64GB of memory (especially in a 4 stick config) there's no point in buying fast memory, unless the 9000 series releasing soon support a higher speed *.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,526.85 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

* Old videos, but worth a watch:

If you don't need the X3D's cache for any of your workloads ad don't play games, then I'd consider buying it anyway because it is cheaper and due to the cache, it is less performance sensitive to memory speed, which will be handy if you need to run 4 sticks.

I can't advise on which 4090 to choose, their prices and warranty lengths are all over the place.

can you claim the vat back?

There is a competitor that can do a pre-built thread ripper 7960x with a 4090, 64gb ram etc etc bla bla bla for £4060 +vat.

You can likely build cheaper though so it's an option and probably more what your looking for the size budget you have.

If you want to stay mainstream desktop, wait for the 9000 series amd chips and ask the question again. They are due for release in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
For £4K I’d be looking to build something around a TR 7970X.

TR 7970X 32c 64t.
Gigabyte TRX50 Aero D or Asus TRX50 Sage.
Artic freezer 4U-M.
4x32/64gb of Kingston DDR5 renegade ECC RDIMMs.
Seasonic SYNCRO Q704 DGC-750 gold.

Should have all the major bases covered.

Back
Top Bottom