Spec my dad an FPS

Soldato
Hey folks,

My dad fancies himself as a bit of an FPSer and in all fairness, he's not too bad, although he does tend to cheat :p

He's just finished Fallout 3 and the expansion packs and absolutely loved it, to the point where it's all he seemed to do for several days at a time. Now he's finished with it though, he needs something new to play, as his days of being retired are getting rather dull again for him.

He's recently enjoyed Crysis and Deadspace. He's not bothered about online play, he just wants to shoot things. Any recommendations?

Soldato
Get him onto the COD series 'cos they're mint.

My dad tried COD4 but couldn't deal with the grenades being thrown all over the place in SP. He was perfectly happy playing it with god mod on and just having fun with it.

Although, he couldn't get past the first level on the ship as he finds running in tight areas in fps games on the pc hard. Always complains he can see his feet. lol.

Soldato
The Call of Duty series is a very obvious choice here so those would be highly recommended.

Or hows about something very old school classic and frantic like the Serious Sam games? You could even join with him for some fun Co-Op play. Plenty of stuff to shoot here.

Associate
If he doesn't like enclosed spaces then try BF2. It'll give him some vehicles to mess around in and you u can have fun watching him try and pilot an apache :D

He could also try:

Crysis Warhead
Call of Juarez (and sequel: Bound in Blood)
Bioshock

Associate
Definitely the two Stalker games. Just make sure he patches them both to the latest version before playing.

Associate
BioShock, Mass Effect (not strictly an FPS, but if he's played Dead Space, I don't see why not), Half-Life series, Resident Evil 5, Call of Juarez series -- all brilliant games.

Associate
Stalker has slight rpg elements he might enjoy if he is just coming off Fallout 3. Plus its an amazing game.

Bioshock would be a good one as well.

Back
Top Bottom