1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed cameras appearing on Google Maps?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by NVP, Jan 11, 2019.

1. NVP

Mobster

Anyone else noticed this? Orange circles with CCTV looking cameras in - it's only showed up for 4 cameras on my journey today (SatNav mode), missing most but I haven't seen it before. Anyone else?

Edit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. grudas

Capodecina

don't think I've noticed that but I rarely use gmaps.

3. SoliD

Capodecina

I saw that yesterday when I loaded up a route it showed them up for the journey. Never seen it before.

4. thewanted

Mobster

I noticed it yesterday, but Android Auto doesn't zoom in automatically so it's difficult to know exactly where the cameras are. Waze does a much better job but it's early days.

5. DereksDontRun

Hitman

can't see any near me - is this only when traffic, or directions are enabled?

6. ahar

Hitman

Yes - last coupe of days it's started to mention the asked cameras on gantries on the M1.

It only seems to happen when I have a route plugged in

7. lordrobs

Capodecina

I believe there is a small scale trial going on with some users gaining a report button in the Google maps app. I guess the occasional cameras we are seeing are due to that? I also guess they are looking at bringing some of the Waze functionality into Google Maps.

8. Amos91

Wise Guy

I noticed this the other day. Appears on the route planning screen but not on normal maps / actual navigation.

[​IMG]

9. lordrobs

Capodecina

They do get notified during navigation, at least on Android they do. TBH as only some are notified I'd rather just switch the feature off but I'm not sure that is possible.

10. NVP

Mobster

It's on the actual nav for me:

[​IMG]

11. insane200

Soldato

Nothing on my version yet my work colleagues phone running the same version of maps does show them.

12. Kaeo

Wise Guy

Some are showing on mine, some are not. During nav and just on the open map. Not sure if that's worse than none showing.

13. Malevolence

Capodecina

Yeah, small scale test where some people can add speed cameras, along with other relevant information, to Google Maps.