Speeding question - no proof

Soldato
Got pulled on the A22 few nights ago.

They "think" I was doing 65 in a 40 although they were not 100% and tbh I have no idea on the speed I was doing although considering my gf was in the car it wouldnt have been silly as she hates speeding :o

Do they have a leg to stand on without record/proof of my speed?

Don't particually want £60/3 points when I don't even know I was speeding! :)

Soldato
OP
lordrobs said:
I think if there are two officers in the car that pulled you then they can make a judgement that you were doing excessive speed... which is a bit of a stupid rule imo.

There were two officers... so basically its thier word against mine?

Soldato
OP
Gaygle said:
Don't think they can as they have to have definite proof you were driving dangerously. They usually try and fool you into admitting you were speeding or doing something wrong (i have relatives as policemen)

I accepted the ticket to avoid agro - surely that does not mean agreement? :)

Soldato
OP
Nazbit said:
Yer I think thats the case too. They cant give you any of the higher punishments (ie for a certain amount over the speed limit) because they dont know your exact speed.

But if there was more than one officer and both of the officers agree that you appeared to be going significantly faster than the speed limit then they can give you something on the basis.

Not sure just how far they can go, but I doubt it would be too harsh.

Their argument is that they are experienced law enforcement officers that do the job every day and are therefore good and judging peoples speed.......im saying nothing.

Ill see them in court then and ask :)

Soldato
OP
Steve said:
As police and there and being two of them there statement will be considered fact as they are meant to be unbiased upholders of the law.

Think that was from a freind who is a copper.

/prints off every story of police speeding off duty

how long does it usually take to goto court?

Back
Top Bottom