spin bike vibration??

Soldato
hi guys,
I have a little problem.
I thought i'd get fit(ish) and get a cheap exercise bike.
I decided on a JLL IC200 (Rainforest). It got good reviews so i thought why not?
Well, i got it over christmas and when i peddle i get a lot of vibration through the peddles (on the down stoke) - it sounds like its coming from the drive chain (not the fly wheel). It happens more loudly if i increase the tension.
Now, i made a recording and sent it to the company and they reckon they can't hear anything untoward.
I'm just wondering how much vibration i should expect as this is the first chain driven exercise bike i've had??
The vibration travels through the whole bike and is imo significant. As i live in a 2nd floor flat this must be transmitting a lot of noise! (i previously had a very quiet magnetic bike but i stupidly got rid of it a few years ago).

I have the option of sending it back but of course if they find nothing wrong with it then i get charged a restocking fee (or delivery if i want it back). There's also the time off work i would have to take in order to get it collected (and maybe redelivered).

I haven't taken the guard off to have a look at the chain as it looks like quite a difficult job.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are???

thanks

Soldato
OP
well, i sent it back - it was just too noisy to be usable.

they didn't find anything wrong so i'm out of pocket - such a waste of time and money.

anybody got experience with belt driven spin bikes? are they a lot quieter (thats what they claim)??

Back
Top Bottom