SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
He's been honest from the offset about the clubs financial state and despite it being of his own doings what else could he have done in these circumstances. I for one haven't called for him to step down as I dont think anyone out there could do anything different at the minute.

Hard enough to attract a buyer to the SPL so that isn't going to happen anytime soon either.

You know we have signed no players in this transfer window and clearly trying to bait some sort of a reaction but if we dont lose any of our big players in this window I will be reasonably confident going forward into this season.

As for people who mention Champions League money, that is only paid at the end of the season for your involvment.

I read followfollow and I can tell you that general consensus of (the so called 'hardcore') support is that this hasn't come a moment too soon.

I wasn't sure if Rangers had signed anyone this year, partly because I keep hearing that "with Player X coming back from injury, it's like a new signing". I find it amazing that not signing a single player (so far) is anywhere near acceptable, changed days indeed.

Soldato
Do you think Celtic will sell a top player now before end of tranfer window now that the 10 million champions league money is a no go?

They have spent about 5-7 million something they didnt do last year so by my reckoning thats somewhere between 15-20 million down on last year? Have they paid off their Training ground fully yet?

This season could be costly for Celtic now they may have reduced debt to 1.5 million but that was using the champiuons league money and not being net spenders in the transfer market last year.

Associate
OP
Do you think Celtic will sell a top player now before end of tranfer window now that the 10 million champions league money is a no go?

They have spent about 5-7 million something they didnt do last year so by my reckoning thats somewhere between 15-20 million down on last year? Have they paid off their Training ground fully yet?

This season could be costly for Celtic now they may have reduced debt to 1.5 million but that was using the champiuons league money and not being net spenders in the transfer market last year.

Your figures are a bit out. You haven't taken into account the money (match day, tv and participation) we will earn from our Europa league games. Plus there's the increased possibility of us being involved in European competition after Christmas.

So no, I don't think we will sell a player to balance the books. The board hasn't run the club like that for some years.

Soldato
Indeed but the 10 million from champs league is money prior to gates and tv money + point bonuses.

To get the same money from Champions leage group stage qualification you have to get to the final of the Europa cup.

I think 1 player may go before the window closes. As Liewell likes to have the books balanced.

Soldato
Ragers fans clutching at straws in the hope that Celtic have to sell a player. What about the rumour that Ragers owe the banks 2m before the end of this month? Your CL money will not be seen until the end of the season so it won't do you any good for debt that is demanded now.

Soldato
I dont hope you sell any of them none of them strike fear into me I was mearly asking a question. Rumour? I dont listen to rumours please substantiate it with facts.

Rangers are due 5 million euros from Aston Villa for the transfer of Carlos Cuellar last year by end of august so if your fictional 2 million is true that will cover it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Things are looking up for Scottish Football, one of our most slapstick protagonists has been immortalised on this respected periodical...

beano.jpg

:D

Man of Honour
It's not quite SPL business but Hearts did at least win 2-0 last night at home, nowhere near enough but a creditable performance all the same. Maybe just concentrating on domestic competitions will help us. ;)

Nor

Nor

Associate
well thats taken care of thanks to arsenal. shocking dive from eduardo so dodgy decisions not just from spl refs eh

Rangers don't get that money until the end of the season though Mav. They need it by August 31st apparently. Dunno whether it's true or not. I guess we'll see. It's probably true if Rangers sell, not true if they don't.

Celtic will make good money from Europe btw. Not as much as Rangers, but won't be far off. The Dynamo and Arsenal ties together with the parachute payment have earned Celtic about £5-6m before even competing in the Europa League. TV money in the Europa is very poor compared to the CL, but points bonuses and gate money will bring in a hefty amount of cash. It shouldn't be far off last year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rangers don't get that money until the end of the season though Mav. They need it by August 31st apparently. Dunno whether it's true or not. I guess we'll see. It's probably true if Rangers sell, not true if they don't.

Celtic will make good money from Europe btw. Not as much as Rangers, but won't be far off. The Dynamo and Arsenal ties together with the parachute payment have earned Celtic about £5-6m before even competing in the Europa League. TV money in the Europa is very poor compared to the CL, but points bonuses and gate money will bring in a hefty amount of cash. It shouldn't be far off last year.

Still havent seen anything concrete re this socalled 2 million? Say it enough and it becomes a fact though eh :) Could be a payment for Lafferty I suppose but as I posted here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14760631&postcount=47

we are due 5 million euros from Villa re Cuellar sale so I dont see a problem.

Soldato
Yeah this 2million being bounced about is just a heft rumour, thats all!

People start to believe it because the club is skint thats all.

A good Champions League run should sort that out ;) Especially with £700,000 per win this season :eek: As the Evening Times reported this is the richest CL yet!

Associate
I dont hope you sell any of them none of them strike fear into me I was mearly asking a question. Rumour? I dont listen to rumours please substantiate it with facts.

Rangers are due 5 million euros from Aston Villa for the transfer of Carlos Cuellar last year by end of august so if your fictional 2 million is true that will cover it.

Did you just ask Oddie to substantiate something with facts? :D

Have you learned nothing during your time in here?: ;)

Associate
Anyways a good draw for us the CL this season which should see us at least progress to the Europa cup and has a great chance of seeing us make the last 16! :D

Tbh i`m a little disappointed in the draw. Would have preferred a glamour tie.

However, i reckon we have a better chance of progressing from our group than C*ltic do from theirs. :D

Associate

Any money C*ltic make will be swallowed up in wages and expenses.

Rangers reached the Uefa cup final last year and only broke even. Points bonuses are neglible and barely cover the cost of transporting and accommodating your squad to these away games.

I see difficult financial times ahead for C*ltic, i feel it in ma watter. ;)

Just a pity Bobo wasn`t still there trousering his 30k per week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom