Spotify transition to Apple Music

Soldato
Hey guys,

well, today, I am cancelling Spotify and moving over to Apple Music, has most what I used on Spotify (and a few more also), so I setup a month trial, signed in to my phone, MBA and PC..all working great..

reason for transfer is I got a good deal on some headphones and a 24 month sub to Apple Music, so that £10.99 is a little extra saved on Spotify..

I didnt think it would match Spotify, but its pretty good..

Soldato
OP
nice. thanks for the heads up!

one thing @ChrisD. is there a way to enable auto-start on Apple Music for PC? I like to have it loading in when I start the PC, as I always use the music player, hence why on start..

Soldato
Hey guys,

well, today, I am cancelling Spotify and moving over to Apple Music, has most what I used on Spotify (and a few more also), so I setup a month trial, signed in to my phone, MBA and PC..all working great..

reason for transfer is I got a good deal on some headphones and a 24 month sub to Apple Music, so that £10.99 is a little extra saved on Spotify..

I didnt think it would match Spotify, but its pretty good..
You'll most likely want to import all your Spotify playlists. This is an amazing tool I use:

it lets you import everything. I bought the lifetime license and I'm really pleased I did.

Soldato
OP
yeah, im liking it so far, and its essentially "free" for me so it was a deciding factor.

but what im hearing from this forum, that Apple Music is all round a good product to use.

Soldato
My Spotify family account is now £17.99 I also have 2tb iCloud family storage, would moving to Apple Music give me other options as it looks like Apple Music family plan is £16.99 currently

Man of Honour
My Spotify family account is now £17.99 I also have 2tb iCloud family storage, would moving to Apple Music give me other options as it looks like Apple Music family plan is £16.99 currently
Take a look at Apple One.

You could keep your 2TB iCloud, and add Apple Music, Arcade, and TV+ for what less than you pay for Spotify. Apple TV+ is really good, some excellent shows on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Take a look at Apple One.

You could keep your 2TB iCloud, and add Apple Music, Arcade, and TV+ for what less than you pay for Spotify. Apple TV+ is really good, some excellent shows on it.
Just realised I have Apple Tv too, ok might drop Spotify and go with Apple One as it absolutely makes sense financially and otherwise :) ta bud

Man of Honour
Just realised I have Apple Tv too, ok might drop Spotify and go with Apple One as it absolutely makes sense financially and otherwise :) ta bud
The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is stacking 2TB onto the base Apple One plan, but I think it's possible.

Caporegime
So not to start a new thread on Apple Music, is there anyway to automatically have a track download to your device if you put it in a playlist? It's driving me mad in my car when I'm in a poor signal area and the stream stops. I don't want to download my library or albums but just my pre-set playlists.

Soldato
I wasn't sure where to post this but here should be good enough.

I was going through Apple Music trying to find an album by My Dying Bride but you could only buy it on iTunes. I then looked on Spotify and it was available there. So I saved the Spotify album to a playlist and then imported the playlist into Apple Music and now I can play it directly in Apple Music for free! All you need is the free Spotify plan and SongShift (or some other Spotify to Apple Music playlist transfer software).

Back
Top Bottom