Spurring off of a boiler circuit

Soldato
Hi guys is there a reason why boilers tend to be on their own ring?

Is there potential to spur off of that ring, looking to install some 12v LED RGBW light strips for a kitchen
just wondered if getting the power from the boiler circuit is going to be feasible or not

Soldato
OP
yes I would imagine it would be a higher amp circuit etc would it make a difference if I went for the boiler circuit or the oven/cooker circuit which one would you all choose and why?

ok thanks all.

Soldato
OP
Yes it is a gas boiler with an immersion tank.. that is not really used via electricty etc

the position of the wiring from the boiler circuit is *potentially* a lot easier than any other circuit
Hence the question here

besides the boiler going down etc
I couldnt also find any other reason here so far or online about why boilers tend to be on their own individual circuit

Soldato
OP
So the plumber actually plugged the boiler into a socket/plug.

is that just him being lazy or is there a reason why he did it this way as opposed to using a junction box?

Soldato
OP
Because he's a plumber and not an electrician? Do you have heating controls? Or do you just turn the boiler on and off to control your heating?

what do u mean by controls?

It is an old school on and off wickes thing on the wall
Comes on twice a day as per the settings

Soldato
OP
So funnily enough the circuit in question is not what i got told…

it basically a single socket that has a plug running to the kitchen extractor hood lol

good news to be honest as i did not want to mess around with the boiler circuit. This is just the hood and kitchen sockets as far as I know.

So one single socket with a plug in currently
Should i change that to a double socket for the led light to have a plug on or would a junction box be better here?

thoughts? And what amp should the plug be?

24 v led striplights with a driver and wireless controller setup

Back
Top Bottom