SQL developer

Soldato
Hi

I am followng an SQL course on Udemy. I installed the Oracle software a couple of weeks ago and today i am making a proper start with the course. However, i have forgotten my username/password. I have tried the one that i use to log in to my online Oracle account but it doesn't work in developer. Can anyone help me reset please?

Man of Honour
I'm not familiar with the method of doing it in the GUI (although it'll be roughly similar), and not 100% sure if this applies across all versions/implementations but it's what we do in work.

While logged in with a user that's a member of the dba group (might be called something else for you depending on how you've set it up), open cmd, type:

Code:
sqlplus / as sysdba

You'll then be able to enter sql statements. Enter the following:

Code:
ALTER USER username IDENTIFIED BY password
where username = the username you wish to amend and password = the new password you wish to set.

Soldato
OP
I'm not familiar with the method of doing it in the GUI (although it'll be roughly similar), and not 100% sure if this applies across all versions/implementations but it's what we do in work.

While logged in with a user that's a member of the dba group (might be called something else for you depending on how you've set it up), open cmd, type:

Code:
sqlplus / as sysdba

You'll then be able to enter sql statements. Enter the following:

Code:
ALTER USER username IDENTIFIED BY password
where username = the username you wish to amend and password = the new password you wish to set.

Thank you that worked.

Back
Top Bottom