SQL import help

Soldato
Hi all,

While I have been off our company Wordpress website has been taken down from the existing host and a new host has been started on Fasthost.

The original hosting company wouldn't allow access to any admin apps including phpmyadmin or even ftp, hence the reason for the move. They sent a a link over allowing access to FTP to download the WP files and sent over the SQL backup.

Trying to import the database backup into the new host and keep getting the same error message:

Code:
SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `vires_commentmeta`
--
LOCK TABLES  `vires_commentmeta` WRITE ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table 'viresourcing.vires_commentmeta' doesn't exist

any advice on what i need to look at? Googled and lots of comments about making sure DB names are the same and equally as many saying that it doesn't matter. Need a quick fix so came here instead of spending hours trawling online :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ok so i've done some looking in to it now (I'm completely new to this kind of thing) and I've found an example of an sql dump:

Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `wp_commentmeta`;
/*!40101 SET @saved_cs_client     = @@character_set_client */;
/*!40101 SET character_set_client = utf8 */;
CREATE TABLE `wp_commentmeta` (
  `meta_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `comment_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `meta_key` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `meta_value` longtext,
  PRIMARY KEY (`meta_id`),
  KEY `comment_id` (`comment_id`),
  KEY `meta_key` (`meta_key`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

And here is the sql file we were sent over:

Code:
LOCK TABLES `vires_commentmeta` WRITE;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `vires_commentmeta` DISABLE KEYS */;
INSERT INTO `vires_commentmeta` VALUES (405,105,'akismet_result','false'),(406,105,'akismet_history','a:4:{s:4:\"time\";d:1417523869.324507;s:7:\"message\";s:28:\"Akismet cleared this comment\";s:5:\"event\";s:9:\"check-ham\";s:4:\"user\";s:7:\"Sue\";}'),(408,105,'rating','5'),(409,106,'akismet_result','false'),(410,106,'akismet_history','a:4:{s:4:\"time\";d:1417524071.9188819;s:7:\"message\";s:28:\"Akismet cleared this comment\";s:5:\"event\";s:9:\"check-ham\";s:4:\"user\";s:7:\"Sue\";}'),(412,106,'rating','5'),(529,141,'is_customer_note','0'),(530,142,'is_customer_note','0'),(1166,312,'is_customer_note','0');
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `vires_commentmeta` ENABLE KEYS */;
UNLOCK TABLES;

So it looks like ours isn't creating the tables like the example.

I don't think we're going to be able to get our hands on a correct SQLdump now from the original IT company so is it possible to use this info? I can't see any field names etc so unsure if I can create the tables manually :(

Any help guys? do i need to start from scratch or can this be saved?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Director of the company insisted on going with hosting provided by the IT company we use, despite us branching out into some tech that needs good hosting.

I advised a vidahost unlimited package would be the best option and we got this instead :(

Soldato
OP
well, despite the boss taking it off me so I could work on more important projects and the IT guys who "don't do web dev" spending 2.5 days on it I contacted the original IT guy and he was great.

Explained how he normally does it without the CREATE SQL backup, just the input one and still sent over the one with the CREATE instructions in. Sorted in 30 mins :)

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom