SSD Upgrade Worth It?

Soldato
Bought a 2013 macbook pro for £250 from gumtree yesterday. Mainly to be used to surfing and email while having morning coffe. It still has a 500gig mechanical drive in it, wold it be worthwhile to upgrade to an SSD? Size isnt really important as I wont be storing anything worthwhile!

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys.

250 gig drive big enough, or even a 128gig? As I said Firefox is th eonly thing i'm installing on the mac.

Oh, the screen is bloody lovely. :)

Soldato
OP
Replaced the hard drive with a Samsung 850 SSD, boot time went from around 4 mins to 30 secs or so. Huge difference.

Did notice that the battery was slightly bulging, anyone got a recommendation for a new battery out side of Apple?
Thanks

Soldato
OP
I got mine from Duracell for my Macbook Air worked perfectly still get great battery life after a year or so.

https://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/laptop-notebook/apple-battery-adapter-charger.html
Got a new battery, maybe its just me bit the Mac does seem a bit nipier now with the new battery in!

All in all, for the price I got it for and the price of a new abttery it still is a bargain!
Just need to used to all the quirks of MAC OS instead of windows.

Cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom