Stand by not working

Associate
hey dudes 'n' dudettes... amazing weather eh!

Is there a certain setting i need to activate on my mobo (asrock dual sata) so i can use 'stand by' in windows as when i currently do this my system blanks the screen (almost immediately) and thats it! Lights still on, fans still going so i presume that its still running lol. Then it wont resume, and the only way to get it going again is to hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it off and start it up again. Its the only problem i have wioth my PC, ad although a small problem, its starting to get on my nerves a little.

Cheers

Permabanned
u could always hibernate windows and that will completly shut down the system but will resume your current windows session next time you boot up

to do this right click on the desktop > screensaver tab > Power > then hibernate tab

Associate
I never get a hibernate tab. Its a little annoying, no hibernate and a large chunk of my disk eaten up by a hiberfil.sys file...... :mad:

I've googled it a little but lost the will to live in the recursive hell of microsoft technical documents.

Caporegime
Foehammer2003 said:
Thats it! thats the one! Genius :D Thanks dude!

bbreezeuk: thanks also, but hibernate still kept the lights and fans on, but DID resume after changing that..... so i win win! :D

Hibernate should switch the pc off, the idea is that all the ram is dumped to the hdd, while slower than standby it isnt vunerable to power cuts.

Back
Top Bottom