Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
OP
Oh for crying out loud, so I'll be waiting until the whole thing has dropped and then binging it when I'm out of the country again, last episode airs end of April apparently, think I'll be waiting until I'm out in May to actually watch it then...

It'll take you a week to get over the disappointment of each episode. There's a reason there's 7 days between episodes.....

Shock - This isn't like TNG
Denial - Maybe it wasn't THAT bad
Anger - How can they do this!!!!
Bargaining - Please god make the next one better
Depression - It won't be better will it
Hope - Maybe it will :)

Associate
I seen that, he does paint a rather positive picture. Notably he says they ditched virtually all of the previous crap.

Only a week to find out if he's right.

Soldato
He seems to be as big a fan as any of us and obviously gets what Trek is meant to be, plus he has all the same issues with modern Trek that we've all bitched about, so I'll take his word for it.
The trailers do look mostly good, so let's hope he's right and we can all have a good time at last.

Soldato
He seems to be as big a fan as any of us and obviously gets what Trek is meant to be, plus he has all the same issues with modern Trek that we've all bitched about, so I'll take his word for it.
The trailers do look mostly good, so let's hope he's right and we can all have a good time at last.

What was the TL-DW?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Oh man, getting excited!!!

Lets be honest, he's absolutely 100% bang on. Star Trek since JJ. Abrams has been turd. Now you can argue the TNG films after First Contact weren't great, but I seem to remember that was around the time of the writers strike? anyway, let's hope season 3 is back to what we know and love....I mean, damn, they have all the cast, moriaty and lore :D

Just hope the CGI is up to snuff

Don
I've only just got round to watching the first two seasons and can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed them (certainly a lot more than I did with Discovery - although that had a few good moments, it didn't feel particularly like Trek)

Yes they aren't anywhere near the high points of the Trek franchise, but I also don't think they are the absolutely train wreck they have been made out to be.

I'll certainly be watching Season 3 when it comes out.

Associate
I'll watch the first few episodes just to get a feel for it, if it's more garbage I'll stop watching again, I'll give any Star Trek season a chance..

My expectations are however, low. Wish they would stop taking ships from STO, it's not canon and just feels lazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom