Star wars books

Associate
Growing up I liked star wars but wasn't really into it..

Roll on 30 years and my son is proper into star wars, lives and breathes it, I've really got into it aswell and I think the effort in expanding the star wars universe that Disney have put in has also helped develop the interest.

I got a book for Christmas star wars blood lines, found it very enjoyable, but there seems to be so many star wars books I've found it a bit overwhelming and no idea what should be read in what order or whether it really matters.

I wouldn't say order really matters outside of reading individual series of books on order.

Bloodline is excellent. I'd look to the Aftermath Trilogy or Thrawn Trilogy next.

I have started the Darth Bane trilogy and it was surprisingly decent. I can see why some of the hardcore fans aren't happy because if you compare the content from EU to the new KK movies, the movies are devoid of SW original concepts.

Any recommendations in the order of books one should follow not knowing anything for the EU?

I have started the Darth Bane trilogy and it was surprisingly decent. I can see why some of the hardcore fans aren't happy because if you compare the content from EU to the new KK movies, the movies are devoid of SW original concepts.

Any recommendations in the order of books one should follow not knowing anything for the EU?
If you're talking Legends then I think broadly speaking the order is:

Thrawn Trilogy
Jedi Academy
Thrawn Duology
New Jedi order
Fate of the Jedi

That's if you want the jedi-centric books that lead on from the original trilogy. Obviously there are series set in other time periods (like Darth Bane series as you mentioned) and stuff like the X-wing series but I'm not as familiar with those. There are also a few standout books that stand alone (I liked Truce at Bakura for example) However I'd stay away from Courtship of Princess Leia, that one stinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom