Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

This is incorrect, that is from Legends.

The Acolyte (132 BBY) is set 100 or so years before The Phantom Menace and according to the current canon and legends sources Ki-Adi-Mundi was born around 92 BBY about 4 decades after the Acolyte took place. Both legends and canon lore have Ki-Adi-Mundi born 92 BBY and his death at 19 BBY, killed in the jedi purge by palpatine and order 66.

Last edited:
Cereans have fairly short lifespans (60 ish years iirc), there is zero chance he would be around in this

Last edited:
The Acolyte (132 BBY) is set 100 or so years before The Phantom Menace and according to the current canon and legends sources Ki-Adi-Mundi was born around 92 BBY about 4 decades before the Acolyte took place. Both legends and canon lore have Ki-Adi-Mundi born 92 BBY and his death at 19 BBY, killed in the jedi purge by palpatine and order 66.
Do you have a source for that? Because wookiepedia has nothing on his birth in canon. I assume you mean after as well, not before.

Starwars databank, starwars fandom and numerous other places.

Acolyte happened before the phantom menace, the years are a little confusing but BBY is before the battle of yavin (happened after A New Hope) so it's a count down basically. Timeline is Acolyte - Ki-Adi-Mundi born, Phantom Menace, Clone Wars, Ki-Adi-Mundi death.

Last edited:
There was also a trading card released by Topps in 2013 which clearly stated his birth year as 92 BBY.

TyS0j8e.jpeg

Last edited:
Guessing that guide who is with Mae is the 'sith'.

Don't tell me they're gonna think Mae killed the wookie and then she refuses to turn herself in

That was a very powerful force push at the end.

The Acolyte (132 BBY) is set 100 or so years before The Phantom Menace and according to the current canon and legends sources Ki-Adi-Mundi was born around 92 BBY about 4 decades before the Acolyte took place. Both legends and canon lore have Ki-Adi-Mundi born 92 BBY and his death at 19 BBY, killed in the jedi purge by palpatine and order 66.

I don't understand how this works so hoping you can clarify.

I assumed at first that 132 bby would count down to a zero, similar to how if you give a date 50 BC, that date is before 48BC, and a date 2AD, this date is after the others, even though 2 is smaller than 48/50.

So if I base the timing like that, using your dates the time line is like this

132 bby events of acolyte - 40 or so years go by, 98 BBY kiadimundiis born - 70 odd years go by - 19 bby kiadi is killed.

This makes sense.

But then you said kiadi is born 4 decades before the events of the acolyte, so that would mean the time line is like this

98 bby kiadi born, 40 years go by - 138 bby the events of the acolyte - 120 years go by - 19 bby kiadi is killed.

Was there a typoin your post or do I not understand how star wars timing is?

Bunch of pedants in here, everyone knows what he means :p He's basically looking at the timeline like:

132 BBY - The Acolyte
092 BBY - Birth
019 BBY - Death
000 (Battle of Yevin)

Last edited:
Bunch of pedants in here, everyone knows what he means :p He's basically looking at the timeline like:

132 BBY - The Acolyte
092 BBY - Birth
019 BBY - Death
000 (Battle of Yevin)
Honestly I don't understand it. I'm sure he's right, I just didn't get it.

As he said the birth happened 4 decades before the acolyte took place, so this threw me off. I've never seen a timeline for star wars, no idea what BBY means, so it's all new to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom