Static caravan - where and costs

Associate
Hi folks

I'm looking at getting a static caravan near Prestatyn/Rhyl but just thought I'd see if any others had one and locations good/bad and site fees.

Stayed at presthaven a few times but the site fees to buy one there are ridiculous - 7-9k a year!

£7200 is their minimum apparently at the moment which indeed is insane!

Looking for places it's cheaper ideally and I can't be bothered renting it out to people I don't know who would just trash it.

I'm a contractor so don't like taking holidays hahaa, least if I got a static I could be near some sort of coastline for walking after work etc

Not on holiday parks, no. It's all lease and ground rental.

The alternate is residential parks but that incurs council tax etc too as they are technically residential lodgings.
Would be awesome to own the land for sure though, although thinking holiday parks so the kids can enjoy what they offer etc too.
I get to WFH permanently so when we went haven last I spent the week working and then got to hang with the family after if was absolutely ideal

My mate is paying circa £3k for his plot in Chapel St Leonards. This includes water/electric. Has to pay for gas bottles though. He rents it out to friends and family and its also on Air BnB which I think he will get rid off for next year as his static was trashed on one occasion, left filthy on another and another occasion a broken sofa.
Yeah this is the reason I won't rent out if I'd got one, people just don't look after stuff.

I've tried working from holiday parks a few times and the wifi was just too rubbish to be viable. We stick to Air BnB now with decent wifi. We did that this week in fact, £700 for the week. That's the equivilent of 10 weeks in an Air BnB just to cover the ground costs of a holiday park.

The holiday park fees only make sense if you can use it most weekends
Absolutely, I'd hope we'd use it most weekends. But definitely won't be paying 7k for fees, don't get how they can justify it lol

Anyone ever been in a caravan that didn't have earwigs inside.

that's my only memories of the 1 or 2 caravan holidays I had to endure as a child
The last couple I've stayed in have been fairly reasonable but again we're owned by haven although kinda looked after enough and definitely no ear wigs or other bugs

Back
Top Bottom