static check

Soldato
right i've bodged together a cardboard enclosure for my hdd which contains foam all around the bottom and sides, the harddrive is a WD Raptor 36GB, can i just confirm if i dont ground e.g. have a metal contact to the case from the hdd that it can get a static shock (i think thats the term) which could cause the PC to reboot? its just since makin this box up its rebooted my machine a few times to which i've memtest'd and prime'd to death and neither come up trumps.

Soldato
It might be a heat issue that is causing you hard drive to overheat and thus causing a system shutdown - If there is no air getting to the drive it will just over heat.

I wouldn't advise putting foam and cardboard around a h/d.

Soldato
OP
booyaka said:
It might be a heat issue that is causing you hard drive to overheat and thus causing a system shutdown - If there is no air getting to the drive it will just over heat.

I wouldn't advise putting foam and cardboard around a h/d.
nah nah mate aint that either, as i've got a heatsink stuck to the top of the hdd, and a fan blowing on the heatsink slowly, also checkin temps on speedfan it says around 37-40c load and 30-35c idle anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom