Steam downloading problems

Associate
Hey,

I have problems downloading games from Steam. I generally leave it running to download a game while I head off out, etc. But when I come back I find it's stuck on download stopping... I don't understand why it does this.

I came back today, looking forward to trying out the new red faction, but I find it's stuck on download stopping... I turned off my monitor and disabled the screen saver before hand. Now when I click resume, it goes to Updating. This is another problem, I don't like to leave my comp on over night, so I'll try to get as much as I can before I turn it off, but if I pause this Updating the next time I click resume it will go back to 0%!

It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's rather annoying and I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem and/or knows how to fix it.

Soldato
IIRC, the download will start from 0%, but any progress you've made will already be there and stay there. In other words, you've downloaded 0% of the remaining data needed to play the game..
As long as you're getting a download speed, you'll be adding data to that which you've already downloaded :)

Associate
OP
IIRC, the download will start from 0%, but any progress you've made will already be there and stay there. In other words, you've downloaded 0% of the remaining data needed to play the game..
As long as you're getting a download speed, you'll be adding data to that which you've already downloaded :)

Ah, ok. Thank you. Still though, what's with the Download Stopping..

Back
Top Bottom