Steam Link App

Associate
I use the steamlink app on my samsung TV and have done for over a year with no problems at all, this is over wifi. This evening though the connection was terrible and when i did the network test it was loosing 50% of its framerate, im not sure why this could be as nothing has changed, either physically - everything is in the same place, or otherwise, same PC same router (The virgin wifi one).

Anyone any ideas how i can get to the bottom of this, is there someway to see how "clean" my signal is from my router to the tv? Could it just be one of those glitches?

Anyway hope someone has some kind of suggestion.

Thanks all.
B

Soldato
I use the steamlink app on my samsung TV and have done for over a year with no problems at all, this is over wifi. This evening though the connection was terrible and when i did the network test it was loosing 50% of its framerate, im not sure why this could be as nothing has changed, either physically - everything is in the same place, or otherwise, same PC same router (The virgin wifi one).

Anyone any ideas how i can get to the bottom of this, is there someway to see how "clean" my signal is from my router to the tv? Could it just be one of those glitches?

Anyway hope someone has some kind of suggestion.

Thanks all.
B
My partners parents have a sammy and the WiFi is woeful. Try resetting your tv network settings.

Soldato
I had something similar with my Steam Link last year though not on a Sammy TV.
The wifi suddenly started dropping for fun and made the Link nearly unsuable, after many head scratching moments I installed the Wifi Analyser app on my phone and that displayed a channel clash with next doors router.

Turns out he'd changed provider and installed a new router which occupied the same channels as me which seemed to be not agreeing with mine. I fixed the channel on my router and everything was well again. Might not be a thing for you obviously but may be worth looking at.

Associate
Game streaming is best over a hard line. If using WI-FI 5ghz is a must!

check your TV is connected to the correct bandwidth.

I separate my 2,4g and 5G channels to ensure my devices use the correct one.

Back
Top Bottom