STEAM now UK pricing!

Soldato
Good prices.

Left 4 dead, after additional tax and currency conversion cost nearly £40 when I bought on Steam a couple of weeks ago :eek:

Soldato
Well this is great news. Now what I’d really like to see is a UK Valve store so that I can buy stuff from there without paying crazy delivery prices and import duties.

Soldato
Drat missed it again :(

I live in Belgium and it's showing for me.

COD WAW : 55€ / 47£
GTA 49€/ 42.5£

:mad:

I assume you clicked on the european pricing?

and if some kind soul purchased the game for £26.99 in the uk, couldn't they buy it as a gift for you and send you the voucher thingy in return for some money? :)

Soldato
I assume you clicked on the european pricing?

and if some kind soul purchased the game for £26.99 in the uk, couldn't they buy it as a gift for you and send you the voucher thingy in return for some money? :)

Hmm I wonder if that's possible :cool:

I'm used to it however. PS3 Platinum games sell here for 30€ or 20£ exchange rate of 0.66c / 1£

I just buy from UK stockists....

On the same topic one download firm couldn't sell me the game because their system said I wasn't in the EU. When Queried they blamed my ISP!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got my eye on that too, it's a decent price, although I've found the retail versions for a bit less than £15 each. Hmm....

Yes I had the same discussions with myself. In the end I decided digital content wins, I can get hold of it anywhere from the internets which suits me very well. Rather than have two DVD jewel cases lying around.

Man of Honour
Not really surprised at this; with the way sterling has been devalued, Steam pricing was getting less and less competitive. A year or so ago, a $40 game would have cost ~£20+tax, whereas now it's more like £28+tax. Meanwhile high street / etailer prices haven't really changed that much.

Back
Top Bottom