Steam summer sale 2018

Soldato
Surprised there's not been thread put up the for sale. While in general most of the premium VR product is only carrying 30/40% discount, there's still a few gems take are taking it to the extreme and are worth flagging up especially if you've just joined the VR movement.

Payday 2 at £3.74
Dirt Rally at £7.99
Redout at £8.99
EVERSPACE at £7.58
The Brookhaven Experiment at £3.74
Serious Sam 3 VR:BFE at £7.74
Tethered at £4.74
Lethal VR at £2.49
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle Of Stalingrad at £13.59
Aeon at £4.64
Xion at £2.51
Block'hood VR at £3.87
Robinson: The Journey at £7.49
The Mages Tale at £13.49

Not so many deep discounts this year, those are a few I've either experienced as being fairly decent, have the deepest discounts thus far, or are still being actively developed.

Do look at a lot of the 40-50% dropped premiums on the top of the steam specials, any of those dropping to around the £15 bracket from the mid twenties lower 30's can be worth it because essentially they're decent games minus the VR premiums they retail at.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
\Chokes

Hang on this doesn't sound right... loved it!!!!

Do tell us why and what's changed. I jest of course, I'm glad you now enjoy it:) I have to admit the last time I fired it up gave me little inspiration to go back.

Associate
\Chokes

Hang on this doesn't sound right... loved it!!!!

Do tell us why and what's changed. I jest of course, I'm glad you now enjoy it:) I have to admit the last time I fired it up gave me little inspiration to go back.
Ha! Yeah the game should be terrible, the animations are awful, the graphics are N64 esq, the guns are some of the worst I’ve used in VR, the game itself has the look and feel of it being made in somebody’s lunch break by a bored PUBG player, even the font is the same on the logo for gods sake! And yet, I had fun.

It’s not going to replace Pavlov or BAM for me, but it’s a great alternative

Soldato
OP
Fair enough. There's always a crowd playing it 24/7, and enough people own it. I just had a couple of awful flashbacks circa 15-20 years ago to the days of shoddy netcode, where I chases a guy point blank from behind laying waste while he was seemingly unawares, only to have him turn arounds and do me with a single round. That was enough never to return.

Speaking of the genre, with a lot of these games of type rolling around in more money than they know what to do with, I wonders why they don't waste a bit of it on VR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom