SteelPad 5L

Associate
HEYA

I work in the IT/web dept. for a UK distributor of SteelSeries products.
I use the SteelPad 5L at home for gaming and CAD work (but mostly gaming! :D

I've used lots of mats but the 5L is here to stay for me, its so smooth even if I am just playing WOW with it most of the time! :rolleyes:

What do u people think of the 5L? Honestly! Cos I love it!

P.S

is it worth upgrading from my ATi 9800XT 256MB for a new PCIe card at the momment? :(

NqR

NqR

Associate
i ve used many products from softtrading company(steelpad).4d s&s icemat2nd 5l siberia 5h.I am currently using sennheiser hd555 and s&s
All products are expensive and overpriced in my opinion,but i find the best overall product to be the s&s.
The bad thing about s&s is that is wears out every 6 months.
I have been playing counter strike for almost 5 years and still havent found a very good mousepad.The no1 factor for a mousepad is durability.Nobody likes to change mousepad every 6 months and having to readjust.

Associate
OP
what did you think to the 5L? Ive used the S&S which, as you say, is a great mouse mat! but its not, imo, as tacktile as the 5L.

Anyone else have any experience with any of these mouse mats?

It's seems that (like tires on a car) the mousemat is an often overlooked but vital choice for us to make. Get it wrong and it will make even the most high flying system feel like crap. :rolleyes:

NqR

NqR

Associate
what does tacktile mean?:D
I ve used 5l for very little,but since the price is so high,the durability factor is unknown and i didn't like the design, i dont event see it as an option.

Associate
OP
what would you pay for the 5L to make it a viable option?

Can anyone suggest any designs? lol, this will make the marketing dept. sweat!

Tactile (sorry spelling mistake 1st time :p )

adj.

Perceptible to the sense of touch; tangible.
Characterized by or conveying an illusion of tangibility: “Heaney must thus continue to be a poet rich in tactile language” (Helen Vendler).
Used for feeling: a tactile organ.
Of, relating to, or proceeding from the sense of touch; tactual: a tactile reflex.

NqR

NqR

Associate
i dont know,it s not that i cant afford 20-25p for a mousepad it's just that i dont like been "ripped".a reasonable price for me is around 10-15p inc vat.
The most common design is the plain black one,like the the s&s

Back
Top Bottom