• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Still a rip off?

Associate
Bought a rtx 3060ti Asus dual mini OC graphics card. Cost me around £680 brand new, imported from Japan... Which I thought was a good price based on eBay and such.

You may be like that's 3080 prices for a 3060ti.. yep. I bought a MSI ventus 3080 1 week after launch for £670.

However this is for an ITX build in a small case (jonsbo Bo 100) and there are only two 3060tis that fit in it, the Asus dual mini and evga xc gaming and that's the best performance you can get.

I feel like these kinds of cards (itx) will always be expensive, and so £680 today is probably going to be the best price for a long time.. due to the demand unless someone disagrees and thinks I've gone mad paying so much??? Also pretty hard to tell what the RRP is on these things anyway.

Associate
Ur not mad for buying Stuff with your Own money.

Its only Mad from some ones else point Of view.

But if u come here for some sympathy to justify Your purchase, that might Be hard to come by )

Man of Honour
Most graphics cards are about double what they're supposed to be, so by that measure they're still a rip off. Is it a bad deal for you? That's a different story.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Probably about £180 over paid if you are happy then thats what counts.

Just noticed its got a BIOS update for resize-BAR which version does the card currently have ?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C...l-Mini/DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-MINI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Found the RRP its £443 although I doubt it would have got the price in normal times so £680 is not a bad price definitely not double.

Thanks. I should be getting it next week so will be able to check then, cheers for letting me know regarding the bios, I usually don't check it for GPUs, will see what version it's on. This is the LHR version so probably like it'll be on v3.

£240 difference is a lot but not massive.. will be using this until 4000 series comes out.

I've always been into 4k gaming but now dropping down to 1440p so shouldn't see much difference in terms of fps!

Associate
Just plug it in and see if you actually need a bios flash. My 3080 FE came with resizable BAR already enabled, so my card must have been part of a later production.

Associate
Like you said TC, only 2 options to even fit for that Jonsbo Bo 100 case that looks sweet, reminds a bit of the Panasonic Gamecube and standard Gamecube design, I really like aluminium and leather strap version.

Better paying more to guarantee one that will fit than being stuck with a better deal on a card that wouldn't even fit that case.

Associate
If its your hobby and that's the only card available to complete the SFF build and you can afford it then relax and enjoy the finished product.

I recently got into watercooling during lockdown due to boredom and spent a fortune on fittings and £500 just on 12 Corsair Ql fans and 2 controllers but it was worth it for me when I can sit and admire it on the desk next to me but I'm sure other people will think I'm cracked.

Soldato
If its your hobby and that's the only card available to complete the SFF build and you can afford it then relax and enjoy the finished product.

I recently got into watercooling during lockdown due to boredom and spent a fortune on fittings and £500 just on 12 Corsair Ql fans and 2 controllers but it was worth it for me when I can sit and admire it on the desk next to me but I'm sure other people will think I'm cracked.
yup cracked! lol

Associate
Way I look at it is, would I rather have x thing or x amount of money?
Sometines I buy x thing, sometimes y thing, often no things.

Soldato
Have you factored in import tax and handling

you might get caught with

Exactly by time you add all that on it will be cheaper to get one from here and at least have a warranty on it and hope you don't end up with DOA card or a brick threw ebay or a fake card. Too much risk to even bother that way to buy a card and then the import tax and handling will make it not worth it even if it turns up fine.

Associate
That's overpriced by most measures. Justifying it as a "specialty" card since it's one of the only ones that fits your case takes some of the sting away, but is nonetheless being self-disingenuous.

Excuse the bluntness, but it's worth restating the obvious in this case to illustrate how far beyond the pail we've gone: you paid £680 for a mid-range graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom