• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Stock Cooler Removal Information **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

Here is a brief overview of board partners takes on stock cooler removal.

This is in no way reflected by Overclockers UK and is only information provided by myself from personal experience.

Warranty is at manufacturers discretion.

I have never had a single issue with any stock cooler removal. if you don't break anything then there shouldn't be an issue with warranty.

The easiest way of thinking is that if the cards have warranty stickers over screws, these tend to be manufacturers that are strict with warranty on their products.

Brands I have personally owned in the past and removed stock coolers without issue:

Sapphire
Gigabyte
Asus
EVGA
MSI
KFA2/Galax
HIS
OcUK Own Brand

Brands that Are fine with it only if you are very careful and reinstall the stock cooler perfectly.
VTX3D
XFX

As a rule of thumb, if you have a sticker over any of the screws, then the company is generally a pain when it comes to stock cooler removal.

The truth is that most manufacturers now, especially ones that OCUK deal with are fine with cooler removal. They have to be in this day and age. It is a factor that we consider and always negotiate heavily on when working with new board partners.

some board manufacturers may publicly go on record as being against it but as long as you don't send your card back for a warranty claim with it looking like a bag of smashed crabs then you will be fine.

Common sense and technical ability to restore a product to its original condition is key here.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
no i dont.

stock cooler removal is fine on ocuk branded cards as long as you put it back properly.

Back
Top Bottom