Stomach Muscles

Associate
Hey Guys,

I have abit of a starange problem when it comes to by abs or lower stomach muscles.

Its hard to explain so I have taken some photos. (Please excuse the paper it was the only was I could think of, to actually show the problem well).

Photo 1

This is not tensed at all and just my normal flat stomach etc.

Photo 2

Now this is tense my 4 top abs show no problem, however below either side I get 2 large muscles that bulge out, now this is hard and I cant pinch any fat on these at all.

Photo 3

This is just me trying to get a good photo showing the problem with a mirror but you cant see it that well.
Anyone know what these muscles are, and how I can stop them bowing it so much?

Thanks a lot.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that Icecold, ill look into doing those. It is weird as I have never trained my stomach at all :S.

Doesnt really bother me just weird why it has happened lol

Associate
OP
Well it never used to be this way until I started swimming at Xmas..... so I guess thats it.

My diet is well eat anything and everything lol :) love my food hence why I do so much exercise to allow it. However I have gained a good stone since Xmas by just eating literally everything! in sight but the amount of exercise I do makes that harder.

Associate
OP
Ok well im not trying to put on muscle or lose weight currently so yesterday for example:

Morning - 2 Hot Cross Buns and scrambled eggs
Lunch - Huge Cookie and a Chicken Bap
Snack - Ice Cream Pot with Syrup
Dinner - 400mm x 250mm toad in the hole with 7 sausages
Dessert - Bread Pudding and custard

Not good I know but I enjoy it and healthy currently :)

Associate
OP
Oh also suppose I should have said, if anyone was wondering what the funky scar is, it is from a Tummy Tuck i had in October last year.

Thought people might think I was cut in half or something lol

Associate
OP
lol yes I am 24 and yes I do look a lot younger I get ID'd everywhere, in Egypt I was even offered the childs menu LOL!, "Peter Pan Pizza Young Man?" ......

I had a tummy tuck as previously I was 20.5stone and lost 10 stone when I was 21 years old in around a year. I had a 44" waist etc so when I lost it I had a small amount of loose skin so had it removed etc.

Spoken to my surgeon though and he cant explain the muscle growth there, except he said you must be doing weight training on them.... however I am not, but there is nothing remotely linked to this and the operation.

Associate
OP
Just hard work and exercise :p no cheating at all lol. Lots of good healthy whole food chicken, veg, whole carbs etc and it just fell off.

Associate
OP
well I never used to have them its only at XMAS when I started swimming every day and now every week I notice them getting slightly large I wouldnt have thought swimming would have done it though. The only other form of training I do is one hell of a lot of cycling.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help guys.

Ill look into doing some more rotational exercises etc, maybe one day they will go :)

Still a lot better than being 20 stone again so I dont really mind.

Back
Top Bottom