stop MAIL UNDELIVERED warning coming through for days

if someone puts an incorrect email in the quote form, we will sometimes get an auto reply like the below:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 48 hours on the queue on raven.footholds.net.

The message identifier is: 1hpb2y-008t2q-DL
The subject of the message is: Re: Quote Ref 072213_2671
The date of the message is: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:20:20 +0100

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

[email protected]
host livr.com [35.186.238.101]

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

this doesn't happen all the time, but just some random emails it'll come back like this, and what's more annoying, we will get this email every day for the next week or so.

anyone know how we can stop this and why it happens only to some incorrect email addresses?

i'm with tsohost, and they said nothing can be done. seems like bs to me

Man of Honour
Sounds right to me. The notification you are getting is simply the remote email server sending you an email to say the address you used isn't valid on their server. It's nothing to do with TSOHost. What you're asking them to do is get another company to stop sending you emails to tell you your application is sending them something incorrect.

I guess the best you can do, if you don't want to know when theres a problem, is start setting some spam filters to capture them.

daz

daz

Soldato
As above, there's not much you can do about this. Assuming it's people filling in the form wrong, you could ask them to enter their email twice as a double check (then refuse submission if the two don't match). Alternatively if it's bots filling out the form, use Google reCAPTCHA and it should cut down the amount of bounced spam generated by bots filling in the form.

Soldato
Out of interest, I occasionally get a dozen or so of these emails sent to my personal email account in a minute or so, then nothing for weeks.

No one I know has told me my email address is spamming them, why would I get them?

Soldato
Out of interest, I occasionally get a dozen or so of these emails sent to my personal email account in a minute or so, then nothing for weeks.

No one I know has told me my email address is spamming them, why would I get them?

Quite easy to spoof an email address, YOU then get the bounce backs from the undeliverable emails.

Alternatively your mailbox has actually been hacked and the emails were submitted using your details. Could be worth changing your password to be sure.

Also provider depending, you may be able to do 2 factor authentication on your mailbox. It's worth it if they support it.

Back
Top Bottom