Stopping a courier delivering?

Soldato
Some ****** bounced a cheque on me today :mad:

Funds showed up as cleared yesterday in my account - courier collected the item today and when I got home I had a letter from Natwest about the bounced cheque, should have really shown on my account yesterday.

Is there any chance I can stop the courier from delivering tomorrow? It's going via Interlink - last time I had a delivery to the same guy the courier didn't deliver to him till 2:30 PM, so it should give me a bit of time in the morning

Soldato
OP
If they say no just say it has a dangerous item in it, then they can't deliver it.

And don't post items until funds have cleared in the future. ;) People shouldn't be paying by cheque in the 21st century anyway.

Might get me into trouble !

Thing is, the cheque showed as cleared yesterday so assumed all was OK, and the same guy bought from me a few weeks ago already for the same amount.

Will give account manager a call first thing in the morning, hopefully he can do something !

Soldato
OP
The balance showed as available from the cheque being paid in, and had been 5 working days so it should have been cleared ... plus I sold another one of the same item, for the same amount 2 weeks ago and the cheque went through fine.

The cheque was stopped as "Theft Reported" so it looks like he was using a nicked cheque book.

Soldato
OP
Nonsense!

You are the account holder - ring up first thing and ask them to stop the delivery and RTS. I do this every day many times over at TNT!

Great news , given me some hope to get this resolved !

I was thinking earlier if I hadn't been a cheapskate and used TNT instead it would be much easier to resolve, as their lines are open 24 hrs also.

Will be on the phone to them first thing, fingers crossed :)

Soldato
OP
Most likely the bank will cancel that too and take the money from your account. They have something like 6months to take back stolen or faudulant cheques even if they did clear at some point. This is how many ebay scams work... they send the cheque and it clears into your bank and you think its all fine. You send the goods and a few months later the cheque gets taken back as stolen. It can take a while for the old cleared cheques to flag up on the system as stolen once the latest one is found. If both cheques were from the same chequebook then its only a matter of time before they cancel the december one and ask for the cash back.

Sorry dude. :(

Not good ... wasn't aware of this .. at least I will get 1 of the items back so not as bad as loosing twice.

Do I stand a chance contesting this with the bank?

The guy bought a Rolex for £4.6k , PS3 and iPod touch, all of which he has left the sellers positive feedback for ...

Soldato
OP
It worked :)

18 Jan 2008 16:44 Manchester (south) Returned to depot
18 Jan 2008 14:26 Manchester (south) Delivery refused, signed for by PAUL, using Saturn View Image
18 Jan 2008 07:20 Manchester (south) Delivery note printed
18 Jan 2008 07:19 Manchester (south) On vehicle for delivery, using Saturn
18 Jan 2008 04:59 Manchester (south) Confirmed at depot
18 Jan 2008 00:50 Hub 2 Forwarded to Manchester (south) depot
18 Jan 2008 00:41 Hub 2 Confirmed at Hub
17 Jan 2008 15:49 Park Royal Collected from self-labeller View Image
17 Jan 2008 09:00 Park Royal Customer data received

Soldato
OP
I used to work for Interlink, their saturn units are funky, if a customer has an has an online account they can cancel the delivery or delay it online and the driver cant even scan the parcel to his van as the unit wont let him.
You can even do it while the driver is on the road as the units use a GPRS signal and are in contact all the time, they just drop the delivery and wont let you scan it off at the delivery address.
Unlike Citylink which use a radio system that is only active when the unit is docked in the van.

How do I cancel/delay a shipment online? Never seen that option before ...

The POD system does seem good with Interlink, gets updated quite quickly online , unlike TNT/Royal Mail.

The only problem is when I book a collection , it seems to go through to 2 drivers instead of one, so they both turn up :p

I used to think Interlink are crap , but have been using them for the last few months and less problems than CityLink , also no invoicing/pricing changes that CityLink always like to do !

Back
Top Bottom