1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight pipe 125 cruiser

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by OfficialTrident, Oct 14, 2019.

1. OfficialTrident

Associate

Hi all

So currently I’ve got a Sinnis Hoodlum 125. I’m looking to make it a bit meatier, so a straight pipe is probably the way to go? Anyone got some links for kits to actually do this? As I’m not sure what too look for,

Thanks.

2. DoggyX

Gangster

You after sound or performance?

If its sound, doable, cut existing muffler off and put an aftermarket one on (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331780485400) - problem, engine balance - can make it to lean and hard to get the carbs to play nice. Overstuff the baffle and can be too rich, I've played with this before on a Suzuki VL125 and never got it as nice as standard. In end I got luckly and ran a pre-made for the model aftermarket pair of straights that sounded and ran very nice. Also have to take into consideration noise, when I ran straight without decent baffles it was insanely loud and I doubt would of got through a MOT.

If its performance, ain't going to happen, its a modern 125cc... not much you can do to make them much better performance wise.

If you really that bothered about meatier just get a bigger bike, if you wanted meatier 125cc criuser, should of gond VL125 or Shadow 125 as at least they are V-Twins..

3. tom_e

Man of Honour

Please don't, it's not big and it's not clever.

4. The_Abyss

Capodecina

There will not be a better post in this thread than the one I’ve quoted.

welcome, btw.

5. Scooby_WR1

Wise Guy

I wouldn't, i had a stupidly loud exhaust on a KTM Duke 125 and while at idle is sounded quite good, it was irritating while riding, especially while pegged out on a NSL road.

6. Rilot

Don

It's a 125. It will sound crap no matter what pipe it has on it. With straight pipes it will just sound loud and crap rather than quiet and crap.

7. tom_e

Man of Honour

It can also rob you of some of the small amount of power you already have, while not a problem on a bigger bike because you get the grin factor of a meaty exhaust and you can afford to sacrifice some power somewhere in the range you really don't want to be giving away anything on a 125.

8. VoG

Soldato

Not forgetting it'll also make you a plod magnet as well, which'll grow old real fast.

9. Dis86

Capodecina

QFT.

10. OfficialTrident

Associate

Not saying it's big or clever. Not a necessary comment tbh :p:cool:

11. OfficialTrident

Associate

Again, really not helpful nor do I overly care about what you have too say if this is it :p

12. Dis86

Capodecina

Definitely helpful. We're trying to stop everyone that can hear you knowing you're a plonker. One day, when you grow up, you'll realise it's the best advice you were ever given.

13. tom_e

Man of Honour

I see you missed my comment saying it'll probably rob you of some of the small amount of power you already have, that's definitely something to consider as cruiser 125s don't exactly shift as it is.

Also you worded it as a question we're just confirming it's not the way to go ;)

14. arfoll

Wise Guy

You're right, why don't you just take the muffler off and have an honest listen... Do you really hate your neighbors and your ears that much?

15. miker916

Associate

it'll sound awful and people will laugh at you

16. wazza300

Caporegime

I thought loud pipes saves lives? Esp on a slow'ish 125

17. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Only through extreme embarrassment that means that the bike doesn’t get ridden any longer.

18. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

Do it, it'll sound badass.

And for another good mod:

Get a cooling fan for a PC, you can buy them right here on OCUK, make sure you get one that will take 12v so you can wire it straight to your battery. Mount it rear facing on the back of the bike, it'll practically double your horsepower.

19. Malt_Vinegar

Don

Honestly, its not worth it. A 125 will never sound "meaty". At best it will be rather annoying most of the time (to all road users) and at worst, antisocial.

A big bike with a loud exhaust can be ridden well below full throttle and not wake the dead all the time. A 125 is basically pinned to full throttle 100% of the time to actually make progress and will make the bike incredibly annoying when trying to get anywhere.

20. Dogbreath

Capodecina

Mine came from the factory with the fans

[​IMG]