Strange Bluetooth issue

Soldato
When I turn my xbox pad on (using bluetooth) it works perfectly every time with my z790 system with onboard wifi and BT.

But If i take it downstairs to my other PC, the pad cannot often detect the PC, or should I say the BT module seems to have an error (yellow triangle) in device manager.

If I disable the device (in device manager) and immediatley re-enable it, it then connects straight away.

Is it some sort of power saving state/thing? the BT/wifi module on the PC with an issue is a PCI-e card rather than onboard if that maked any difference? wifi always works fine though, it's just the bluetooth module throwing an error in device manager...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Soldato
So you are saying for the downstairs PC, the Bluetooth module is spontaneously throwing an error? And this means the xbox pad does not connect, only when it's in this error state?

Soldato
OP
So you are saying for the downstairs PC, the Bluetooth module is spontaneously throwing an error? And this means the xbox pad does not connect, only when it's in this error state?

No the bluetooth is often in error all by itself...but not always, like, it's fine now for example when I checked.

I just don't realise until I try to use my control pad (it's the only thing I really use bluetooth for). Disabling and re-enabling it in device manager fixes it.

It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit irritating, lol.

Soldato
Update the driver from the Intel site. When I had an arc gpu in my pc and let Intel driver manager notify me of updates, the bt adaptor on my x570 board got updated 3 times in 8 months!

Soldato
Yellow triangle means its not working or not recognised. Right click uninstall then Scan For Hardware Devices should reinstall driver. If its still yellow triangle-ing up you another issue you don't have two BT devices like onboard and a dongle by any chance because they will conflict or windows gets confused in my experience disable one or the other. Onboard BT tends to be flaky in my experience I get better results with a dongle your mileage may vary (especially with how much you paid for mobo)

Back
Top Bottom