Strange Burning problems with VISTA & Acer Laptop...

Soldato
I've had an Acer 5633WLMI (VISTA Home Premium) for a few months with no problems at all, now though when I try to burn an Audio CD it burns and completes OK (Nero & Infra Recorder), but upon re-inserting the disc to check VISTA tells me it is blank although Nero & Infra recorder Burned "OK".

I know my VISTA install is a little buggy but could this alone cause the "burn" problems?

Associate
Have you tried the cd in a standard cd player like a hifi? If Nero and Infra Recorder says the cd completes ok then I wouldn't trust what Vista was saying tbh, try rebooting the laptop and re-inserting the cd again. Also are you finalizing the audio cd when burning it?

Soldato
OP
Have you tried the cd in a standard cd player like a hifi?
Yes and it does not work, Hence all the hassle I'm having.
If Nero and Infra Recorder says the cd completes ok then I wouldn't trust what Vista was saying tbh,
Why not trust Vista?

try rebooting the laptop and re-inserting the cd again.
Tried that many times and the same thing.
Also are you finalizing the audio cd when burning it?
Tried with and without finalising the CD, Same thing.

Any other ideas?

Associate
Does Nero or Infra Recorder report the CD as blank like Vista does? If they do then it could possibly be a program running like Nero's INCD where you have to close the disc manually using the INCD tool before removing the cd. But I think the program would prompt you before it ejected the CD to close the cd. If you look at the bottom of the CD, can you see where data has been burnt?

Back
Top Bottom