Strange Display Error

Associate
ive had my pc for around a year and a half (6800gt, amd 3000+, asus a8v). recently, its started having a major problem. at random times, the screens colours suddenly go in vertical strips of each individual colours, sometimes in chunks sometimes just strips of them, does anyone have a good reason for this and how to sort it?

ive just checked the gpu temperature, and on start up its 89 degrees C!
the gfx card hasnt been cleaned at all for the year and a half, it does seem to have quite a lot of dust on it, should i try cleaning it? if so how?

kicks66 said:
ive just checked the gpu temperature, and on start up its 89 degrees C!
the gfx card hasnt been cleaned at all for the year and a half, it does seem to have quite a lot of dust on it, should i try cleaning it? if so how?

Compressed air, hoover.. [dont touch it with a metal pipe tho!] feather duster....

SiriusB

Don't all hoovers suck!?

lol last time i cleaned my case and hardware i stuck the small plastic nozzle on the dyson and just let rip taking care not to knock any capacitors off :D

If some dust doesnt shift, then maybe try blowing if your hoover can do that :eek:

If all else fails go in with a lint free cloth - such as a duster and GENTLY removed the dust that way.

SiriusB

i tend to use a kids paint brush and can of air to clean heatsinks/fans :)

The paintbrush to clean the bulk of the dust off, then take the heatsink outside/into the hall (closing my bedroom door), then give it a blast of compressed air and start coughing :p

Usually general practice to send you the same model or better if its not available.

Having hardware spring its mortal coil can be a good chance for a free upgrade :D

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom