strange problem, screen blanks out every so often.

Permabanned
while browsing websites and scrolling through forums, every so often my screen will go blank and then come back again. sometimes everything will freeze just before it does it, but when it comes back its fine. lasts maybe half a second.
sometimes it will go blank and stay like that untill i shutdown the pc, which is still running but with no display.

it did this with a 7300gs and now on this new 7800gt, i changed the drivers to ones that my 6800nu liked, but its still happening.

monitor is ok!

pc is: 146@ 2.8ghz
asrock 939 dual
async so pciex is at 100mhz
pciex turbo mode: normal

i never had this prob with the 6800nu agp card, only the 7300 and 7800 pciexpress cards.

ive no idea how to fix it :(

Soldato
I had similar crashes on my home pc down in my sig but only when playing games. The problem I think was that the 7800 gs 256mb agp needed a PSU with 12v@24 amps (i think), my old psu only had 12v@12amps.

Just check online or in the manual what the power requirement for this new 7800 is and what your psu is currently supplying (printed on side of psu).

Permabanned
OP
its a zalman 400w psu. i have no problems playing games, i can play for hours perfectly. its nearly always when im scrolling through webpages.

Soldato
This isn't a wireless mouse is it?- Sounds like some sort of interference.
You might want to update the chipset etc. drivers as well & see if it makes any difference.

-Leezer-

Permabanned
OP
no its nothing to do with the mouse, its a problem with the graphics card/motherboard. it did not happen when using the agp slot, only while using the pciex slot.

im pretty sure i have the latest uli drivers installed.
ive just turned pciex turbo mode off completely, even tho it was on "normal", just incase its that.

Back
Top Bottom