Strange website behaviour

Associate
Getting some strange issues with images on certain websites since switching to youfibre with fixed ip.

gmail , images not loading...but if if right click and open image in new tab, it opens. Also works correctly in incognito mode.
Similar issues on some other websites. Random as to what works and what doesnt. and can vary between devices i.e phone, pc desktop, mac laptop

Any ideas on whats going on?

Only affecting my macbook; Have cleared cache with no luck.
Would dns not be picked up from the router? Same sites on my pc work fine.

Only affecting my macbook; Have cleared cache with no luck.
Would dns not be picked up from the router? Same sites on my pc work fine.
Cleared which cache? Browser, DNS or both? Do a full browser cache clear (make sure you select 'All history' not just the last X amount of time), then in your terminal do:

Code:
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

to clear the DNS cache, assuming Sonoma. If you have an older OS then find the correct command in this list. Then restart the Mac, to clear all other caches and flush swap etc. You can check the assigned DNS servers in Settings > WiFi (or Network, depending on your adapter). Click the 'i' button and then DNS and it'll list them. Try another DNS if the issue persists. Which DNS server are you actually using? All kinds of gremlins can show up if you've just switched ISP. Restart the router as well - is it your own or theirs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom