Streamers

Associate
Hi,

So I have a Sonos connect which is connected to my Amplifier and Speakers, which works fine, but I’m looking for something to provide a higher quality source. All my media is on a Plex server and is a mix of 320K and lossless. I don’t nececcarly want to keep it only Sonos connected and so I’m not looking at the Sonos Port. I was thinking of either the Arcam ST60 or the Cambridge Audio CXN V2 or another. Has anyone any experience of any of these products?

Thanks

Maybe just get a DAC?
Also what are your speakers and amplifier?

I doubt you'll notice difference between streamers tbh (when using digital out). Also limitation of Sonos is 65,000 track limit, so it's a no-go for me and anyone with large music collections (and for such an expensive locked in eco system, very poor

I'm still using Logitech Squeezeboxes, they work well, decent software, open source, affordable- especially ideal in multiroom systems, and no such track limitations

Last edited:
My system is:
FMJ A32 Integrated Amplifier
KEF Reference 1 Floorstanding Speakers

So the DAC is in the streamer.

I didn't know about that limit in Sonos, i'm way above that.

You could just add a dac, to improve over the one in the streamer, use the digital out from the Sonos to the DAC then onto the arcam

Also you could add a sub to provide low end although ideally you want high pass/bass management, time alignment and bass room correction

So I got an Arcam ST60 on loan to try on my system. I compared it directly by switching sources using the same lossless audio file, and I couldn’t tell the difference between my Sonos connect and the ST60. I don’t know if that’s acoustics or my hearing, but I think the Arcam will be going back.

Back
Top Bottom