Stress and your body...

Associate
Not a med thread!!!

So this week in work has been awful.

My boss decided to take an extra 2 days on his holiday (he was due back on Wednesday) and the other member of staff is still on his pre-booked 2 week holiday, so I have been on my own...

2 major system/ web releases to have to test in full and all the associated issues and bugs along with them, plus the normal day to day stuff that I would be expected to handle, has lead me to have very early starts and leaving the office 2-3 hours after I should have left.

Since Wednesday, my upper neck/ lower head has become so painful and sore, so has my shoulders and the top of my back :( I have never had this before! I guess its the stress etc

Does anyone else have adverse body reactions when you are super stressed? Sweaty pits? Twitchy eyes? :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Did you sign up for this? is it in your contract?, can you not take a short holiday/break yourself? when all hands are on deck so to speak.

No. No. Yes - have booked Monday off work. Could have tomorrow off cause my boss is back, but I want to see the maiden hit the windmill with him...there a fair few people looking to have 'words' :eek:

Probably is too much screen time + stress - but as mentioned in my op, not a med thread, just interested in what happens with others when they are under stress :)

Associate
OP
I say its a combo of both cause this week has been exceptionally bad - see the first post for reasons - and I have never felt this stressed in work ever and I have been working since I was 16...

Its scared me to be honest, but only one more day then weekend + Monday now booked off and only in 3 days next week - plus we are back to a full team as of Monday

Back
Top Bottom