• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Strix 1060 VRM plate

Associate
I had an Asus Strix 1060 GPU and recently sold it. I had previously watercooled it and don't recall removing any metal plate that covered the VRM. The person I sold it to is now stating that it is missing and I need to find it. I'm wondering if it was the OC edition that had this cooling plate rather than the standard edition. Hopefully someone can help me with this as I'm confused right now and really don't remember seeing it. Thanks guys

Associate
OP
Just seen a video. The cooling plate for the RAM is what it actually is.

It would make sense there is one given the heatsink doesn't seem to touch them directly.

https://youtu.be/CcXHcIsG8-g?t=126

I saw that video too but like I said, I don't remember seeing or removing any kind of plate from the card which is what's making me believe that it could be just on the oc edition as mine wasn't oc

Whenever I've stripped a card to watercool, I ensure all screws are screwed into the stock cooler and anything else is placed in the original box along with the cooler and there was no sight of any cooling plate

Soldato
I saw that video too but like I said, I don't remember seeing or removing any kind of plate from the card which is what's making me believe that it could be just on the oc edition as mine wasn't oc

I really doubt they would have two different assembly processes for something as small as that.

It may however have been introduced in a later revision.

Back
Top Bottom