Stuff just blew ?

Soldato
Hi all,

Just brought a new case and hardisk so I could put to use some spare parts...

Was an el cheapo OCUK case and came with a crappy 400w PSU (used these cases loadsa times beforehand w/out any problems..)

Anyway, plug it all in - ready to rumble... plug the lead that goes from the PSU to the wall in and heard a click and my bro swears he saw a flash come from the PSU...

Now the only things that were connected was the motherboard, the RAM, Harddisk and a graphics card.

Where do I stand on this?

I live close to OCUK so will probably be going back up in a second - but the HDD and graphics card now seem to be borked... I only brought the case and the HDD - can I get them replaced by OCUK? :confused:

Cheers.

Soldato
Yewen said:
Phone up and ask them, or go in and ask, although I doubt you will be able to.

Have you checked everything carefully in different machines - reset cmos etc?

Have had PSUs go bang in a big way before, but its never taken out so much as a capcitor, let alone everything in the system!

Associate
NiCkNaMe said:
Bit screwy then isnt it, I mean there stuff broke my other stuff :S

If it definately is the fault of the hardware you just bought and nothing to do with human error then i imagine OCuk will have some sort of policy pertaining to other equipment being damaged as a result. My local PC shop has such a policy although its very rarely taken advantage of/not advertised and invariably they will try to pass it off as the customers fault. I only found out about it after buying borked memory off them and had thought that it had caused a fault in my mobo (turned out it hadnt) they tried to refuse to refund me as they have a disclaimer on the back of their receipts saying something about not taking responsibility for faulty goods when they have been installed by someone who isnt a qualified engineer. Disclaimer had more too it than i just wrote and was totaly illegal :p

Back
Top Bottom