Stupid French pap! Clio help?

Soldato
Serviced the GFs 1.6 RXE clio with new plugs, oil and air filter.

Now, when starting it, it doesn't seem to fire straight away even though all the plugs are all in nice and tight (not over tight) and it seems to crank a bit whereas before it used to just start nice and easy. I've changed plugs more times than I care to remember so I can't think what is wrong other than the guy in the factors gave us 16v spark plugs instead.

Secondly, I replaced the oil. When I started the car, there is now like a 'bubbling' noise coming from the engine. It's not rhythmic it just 'bubbles'. It almost sounds like something is at the bottom of the sump rattling but I have no idea what, where, it is. I obviously don't want to change the oil again just to inspect it and the car has been running fine since (bar the starting issue and bubbling noise).

Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Hmm, maybe. It's almost too loud to be bubbling though, it just resembles it. If i'm honest it sounds far more like a socket piece has dropped down somewhere and is rattling between to metal parts of the engine, although all my socket pieces are accoutned for :p

Back
Top Bottom