Stutter issues on new build 7800x3d - X670E-Plus

Associate
Hi All,

Bit of a strange issue I'm having has anyone experienced this?

I did a clean build of windows 11 pro

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo EXPO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 PC5-48000C30 6000MHz Dual Channel Kit - B
Asus TUF Gaming X670E-Plus

Sometimes when booting up the machine will hang on the Asus Tuf screen and the status wheel will stop, after 30-60 seconds the machine boots into windows but the mouse movement stutters and even trying to watch a YouTube video it stutters as well.

I have updated the bios to the latest version and tried default memory profile, EXPO 1 & EXPO 2, I'm currently running Buildzoid's memory timings.

When I get this issue the only way to fix it is to shut down the PC unplug the power cable and boot up again, after doing this the PC runs fine until it happens again in the future and I have to unplug again.

Not sure what is going on, I've run memtest86 and this passed....

Is it worth trying to flashback to an earlier build of the bios?

I will have to check Task manager when it happens next.

I'm using my PSU and GPU from my last build, I have double checked the motherboard power connector and also have both 8pin CPU connectors plugged in.

SEASONIC Focus PX 850 ATX Modular PSU
Asus Tuf Gaming 3080 OC

Is it worth trying to flashback to an earlier build of the bios?
If it never happened on an older bios then yeah, I guess so.

Have you been able to run any monitoring software or look in the event viewer, to see if anything is changed?

Do you have fast boot turned on in Windows?

If it never happened on an older bios then yeah, I guess so.

Have you been able to run any monitoring software or look in the event viewer, to see if anything is changed?

Do you have fast boot turned on in Windows?
I didn't notice it on the old bios version but I only booted into windows with it a couple of time before updating the BIOS.

Its the same nvme - samsung 980 pro 2tb

I have just turned off the iGPU and its happened again, nothing in event viewer and nothing in task manager.

It seems to be when ever I make a change in the bios it causes the issue then I have to unplug the power cable and that fixes it.

I'm going to flash back from 3024 to an earlier version.

I have fast boot turned off in the Bios.

Last edited:
Ok so this is the strangest issue I have seen.

Shutdown PC - Make any change in the BIOS - Stutter issues in windows until I shutdown unplug power cable and boot again, issue persists even after reboots until the power cable is disconnected.

Shutdown PC - Leave BIOS alone - Runs perfectly fine....

Shutdown PC - Make any change in the BIOS - Stutter issues in windows until I shutdown unplug power cable and boot again, issue persists even after reboots until the power cable is disconnected.
Do you have ryzen master or other software that can modify the BIOS from Windows?

Went down to the latest version of 2xxx on the bios and still the same issue, time to log a ticket with ocuk and get it replaced.

Have you done a full cmos reset? Might be worth resetting, unplugging and pulling the battery.

Is igpu definitely disabled and not showing in device manager?

Is the Asus memory tuning (or whatever they call it) off in the bios?

I will double check the iGPU but I even get the issue if I just go into the motherboard and just select the option to go back to default settings, I've pulled the CMOS battery as well.

No stability issues after unplug, I can try another drive. If I unplug the power lead and boot it the machine runs fine, played helldivers 2 and cyber punk. It’s just the first boot after the change. All the bios changes are kept after unplugging and plugging back in, I’m at a complete loss to what is causing it.

Back
Top Bottom