Subnautica 2 - 2025 (Early Access)

Soldato

Buggered if I can find the original thread. Anyway, one of the best titles around finally gets a sequel. Teaser looks tops!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. The first always created a level of anxiety even when you thought you were safe. I think Below Zero always lacked that sense of "being in danger" all the time.

Below Zero was a poor experience for me in so many ways. The size of the map was more condensed and I recall having a huge issue navigating that large tentacle coral area - it was a mess. Also the Sea Truck utterly sucked vs The Cyclops - the latter being one of the best ingame vehicles I've ever used in an exploration game.

Early access will last for a year or two - they've got a lot of assets they can use now so I hope it'll speed up development. Still a long way away.

Also the Sea Truck utterly sucked vs The Cyclops - the latter being one of the best ingame vehicles I've ever used in an exploration game.

Early access will last for a year or two - they've got a lot of assets they can use now so I hope it'll speed up development. Still a long way away.
kinda feel the sea truck was a better option more versatile and customisable in some ways the cyclopes wasnt.being able to chose what you take were was finda need.

Cyclops was a bit unwealdy but i dont disagree it was a good mobile base once you got thermo electric power generators

release 2025..

looking forward to it!

original thread : https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/early-images-of-subnautica-3-released.18960321/ ;)

Last edited:
I thought the first was a little over hyped in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it was ok, but it always felt a little unfinished.

If they do it well, it could be epic, but as usual I suspect it'll be released half finished relying on the reputation of the first to get sales in, so the financial people can decide whether to progress it or not.

Looking forward to the co-op play in this one.

I often felt the original was a little bit too empty in most of the areas, so having friends going around doing things will hopefully add a bit more life into the ocean.
Really hoping for a fun massive vehicle for the endgame, like an extra large cyclops that's built for multiple people to run around inside and manage.

I am hoping that the sequel retains the terrific ambient sounds. Part of the experience is the audio of the first game that was absolutely perfect. You can hear things around you and things that aren’t quite there (warpers).

I think I read about some Audio chap being let go by the studio a while back. I hope this doesn’t affect things.

The first one was such a great experience. Genuinely loved it and I'm not usually into survival type games.

Now I just need to find a friend who'll co-op it with me lol.

I thought the first was a little over hyped in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it was ok, but it always felt a little unfinished.

If they do it well, it could be epic, but as usual I suspect it'll be released half finished relying on the reputation of the first to get sales in, so the financial people can decide whether to progress it or not.
I felt similarly, started well, loved the concept but the grind in the mid game stopped me finishing it.

Back
Top Bottom