Suggestions for a simple web shop but with a twist...

Commissario
A neighbour of mine has a bakery website and every Sunday at 6pm they release their products for delivery on the following weekend.
The webshop they currently use is powered by www.ecwid.com and it has been good until now, simply because the demand for the products has been overwhelmingly high.

The issue with the current provider is that adding items to your basket does not guarantee that you have them, you have to rush through the checkout process and pay quickly otherwise you could still lose the items - I found this out the hard way yesterday!

Is anyone aware of a similar webshop product that will offer the capability to add items to your basket where they will be saved for X amount of time, so that the user has time to complete the checkout process?

I hope I've explained this well enough :D

I think WIX can do this.

It's also pretty simple to do with a CSS cart plugin or similar, but that would depend on you having the ability to manipulate the code (and possibly database)

I think WIX can do this.

It's also pretty simple to do with a CSS cart plugin or similar, but that would depend on you having the ability to manipulate the code (and possibly database)
Thanks, and sorry I missed this reply.

We went with Shopify and found a plugin but it's not ideal - it adds a reserve button on the shopping cart page so not very intuitive for users. Will have a look at Wix, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom