Suggestions for forward head posture

Associate
So I have really bad forward head posture sat at a computer, a lot of neck ache and really rounded shoulders. I know it’s not good for me and my chair is a flimsy old budget office chair.

Looking to invest in something that encourages me to sit right but the options seem overwhelming. I don’t know if a gaming chair would just weaken my neck muscles.

Maybe a kneeling chair would be best but that’s not much fun when trying to relax... I probably spend about 7 hours a day working and another 2-3 online 4-5 evenings per week.

I’m a slim 5 ft 8 woman if that helps. Any recommendations most appreciated!

Soldato
Gaming chair
That usually means pay more money
For not necessarily a better chair

Really the best option would be
Find somewhere local you can actually sit in the chairs
I know that's not easy nowadays

I recently got a ticova ergonomic chair
Was on sale for £119
Currently think it's £139
It's actually decent for the money
But what suits one person another might not like

I don't think any chair will help much
Unless you actually make the conscious effort
To sit with correct posture
Must admit though I am also guilty
I sit same way as you lol
Not good when I have a few herniated vertebrae

Depends on your budget as always
But a second hand office chair like Herman Miller
Might be an option
Not exactly cheap but those things are expensive because
Of the build quality

Soldato
I know a chair can make a big difference but so can the position of your monitor, I find that my monitor even at its most maximum extended height was forcing me to keep my neck in a posture that hurt over time. Ergonomic chair did nothing for this, what helped was moving monitor a little higher so that if I sat upright my eyes were in the middle of the screen. If you can get a monitor arm or try raising a monitor a little more.

I would stay away from gaming chair in general there one or two ergonomic gaming chairs out there but still not like a dedicated office chair. Do you have a budget in mind?

Herman Miller embody or Aeron are good, the Aeron can be had like new refurbished online almost half price.
Steelcase leap v2 another good office chair. Humanscale is another off top my mind. Amazon also do ergonomic office chair and some found it to be good enough. I would say office chairs are personal thing, what is good for me might not suit you, Best thing to do is try for yourself.

another suggestion is go to gym and do back/chest/core exercises to strengthen back and various muscles that help keep your posture, my sister was having issues with her posture and 6 months gym strengthening muscles helped her much or do some home exercises with bands and some light weights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom